Too much for evolution

I've never heard of a mutated human that is better than other humans. What makes you think this happens to animals?

Statistically speaking, you probably have around three germ-line mutations. The rate is something like one in a billion, and humans have three billion base pairs. These would ber in all cells ang get passed along to yur descendents. And then there are the somatic mutations that take place in cell division, but do not get passed along to anything but those particular cells' "descendants."

Our ancestral lines died out, but we are still alive. That makes us "better" from a survival point of view.

Nature is under no obligation to conform to your beliefs and (thankfully) is not restricted by anyone's level of understanding.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Summary:

Scientists have no problem saying the laws of physics have always existed.

Yes they do.

Anyway, evolution says that complex things just appear without any form of intelligence.

There's no reason why it shouldn't.

Yes, there is a lot of time involved in the theory of evolution, but it still doesn't explain how things became so complex.

Yes it does.

If we could speed up time, we aren't going to see a computer pop out of a lump of silicon.

Why would it?

Even if the computer forms one piece at a time, somebody will have to be building the computer.

And?

Crap analogies that have no meaning are not a substitute for rational arguments.

Saying that intelligence has always existed makes sense. Saying it appeared from nowhere does not make sense to me.

Nobody claims it came from nowhere. There's a difference between not knowing, and denying.

[this thread] didn't appear out of nowhere like evolution suggests humans did.

No it doesn't.

doesn't the law of conservation of mass say that matter can't be created? Doesn't that mean that all the matter in the universe has been here forever?

The laws of conservation only hold true within the universe. "Within" includes the time period for which the universe exists, so energy/matter being created along with the universe is perfectly allowable.

Ok, I guess it didn't make sense when I said evolution states that humans appeared from nowhere. I understand that this was over billions of years. However, during this time, there was nothing to really guide the process. Even with natural selection, there was no intelligent force to guide it to something as complex as humans.

There's no requirement for evolution to be guided, nor for it to involve intelligence.

If you believe that this is not the case, you do not understand the evolutionary process. If your biology teacher does not believe it either, then he needs to find a job in which his ignorance will be less damaging.

For example, if you don't clean your house, things will keep getting messier until you get organized and clean up. There would be trash on the floor until you pick it up. The trash would never automatically go into the trash can. The point of this example is that everything becomes less organized until something intelligent makes it organized.

Trash doesn't multiply through replication, and therefore can't be selected against.

Like I said before, crap and meaningless analogies are no basis for sweeping conclusions like the one you give above.

We just don't see complex things such as computers form without being built by someone intelligent.

Which is utterly irrelevant.

Why would life form without someone intelligent even after billions of years?

Good question. Which of these seems like the better idea:

a) Study and observe the processes which are actually happening now, corrolate them against evidence from the past, derive a hypothesis that builds on prior art, and test that hypothesis,

b) Go with the first idea that pops into your head.

way, a creationist web site said that the Earth can only be a few million years old. It said that there would be much more salt in the ocean water if Earth was older.

Creationist web sites say a lot of things.

It can be explained if you think about how it was caused by God, who has unlimited power.

Circular reasoning.

However, evolution doesn't make sense because it says unrealistic things can happen without someone with unlimited power. It says the universe just magically appears and begins creating itself.

No it doesn't.

If evolution is true, wouldn't we see species that are between apes and humans? I think that there is too big of a gap between apes and humans. Both apes and humans are alive today. I don't think an ape would give birth to a human, then go back to giving birth to apes again.

Read up on speciation and divergence. From CREDIBLE SOURCES.

If this was true, wouldn't the apes have died out and only humans be alive?

No. Again, refer to speciation.

As you can see, you do not understand evolution. Come back when you do.