ART in SCIENCE

Mike Smith Cosmos

On 31 July 2017 at 9:32 PM, Damateur said:

You're welcome. The series of self-portraits is an excellent example of art in science as well as being both enlightening and disturbing.

They are very enlightening! As are different methods of representation, when using Art to communicate " Feelings " .

I have taken a great deal of interest recently into the Science of Using ART to communicate " Human Feelings " . 

Here are two recent attempts by myself , to communicate " Human Feelings " by Art 

using the medium of PASTELS ( a chalk like texture colour crayon) .

firstly an image I caught the other day in DEVON (uk ) where a number of

traveling " bikers " had arrived in Totnes . As I gazed across the square from a Cafe my eye caught site of this gleaming Triumph Motorcycle. Having been a motorcyclist up through my life since student days I was attracted to it! Having photographed it , I returned home and committed it to paper using " Pastels " .trying to capture the engineering detail I was enraptured with most of my life . 

The second image is a further Pastel drawing , this time generated in the mind , by imagination . Here showing a completely different " effect  and Feeling " . That of mystery and beauty . 

A backlit cliff of some sort with blended edges. Again a quickly sketched ( this time idea ) , of feeling . 

Mike 

image.jpeg.7dd0c66283668cc2be493d8acfd33649.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.638a14b6b4311704c9ac2b39f2e3e912.jpeg

Edited by Mike Smith Cosmos

• 6 months later...

Very interesting opinions! Art in science is important, and what about classic literature in science? Recently reread  Fahrenheit 451 and found an interesting article about  Technology and Society in Fahrenheit 451 check this link  URL deleted What you think about this?

2 hours ago, Sammanta said:

Very interesting opinions! Art in science is important, and what about classic literature in science? Recently reread  Fahrenheit 451 and found an interesting article about  Technology and Society in Fahrenheit 451 check this link  URL deleted What you think about this?

!

Moderator Note

Do not link to such sites it's not only advertising (which is against the rules) but this is an essay-writing service. Had this been your only post you would have banned as a spammer. If you do it again, you will be.