How on "earth" can light rays reflect a person from a mirror!??

Iwonderaboutthings

It is stated that the speed of light has no mass and does not exist in this dimension.

IE Statically known to exist in the known regions of time but not space..

Also the consideration of particle waves adds more speculation to the OP's question.

If a person were standing in-front of a mirror and light rays were present, how can " information" from the light beams travel into the retina to the brain and project a virtual image for the observer upside down??--> again photons carry no information, are mass-less and do not exist in this dimension...

This would also mean that depending on the person seeing themselves in the mirror that "distance" is an issue, IE you can see yourself " entirely" in a mirror about 1/2 your size standing about 3 meters away. Again c is measured in meters per sec as a distance.

Totally does not make any sense what so ever due to the geometry of incidence from behind the mirror's consideration:

Plane-Mirror-Reflection.gif

If particle waves are what they say they are then part of the reflected person is real and has some type of mass and or energy! Making matters worse, the entire reflection of the person is projected from the past not the current and or present state of the person's time. This is why I am stating that distance is an issue.

Uhmmm Scotty Beam Me Up, ring a bell??? This would make sense by they way ;)

I am also asking if this is truly a physical case then shouldn't the person in-front of the mirror become multiples of time, meaning, that since c =1 second how on earth can animation IE movement from the person's reflection be at all possibly even seeing by the person and " other observers"????

THATS A LOT OF EYES THE PERSON MUST HAVE!

Totally does not make any sense.

That being said, the person seeing themselves must be seeing their "own self" from the past since that is how light from celestial bodies are used to see in the past and determine the age of the universe and etc...

However not in my particular point of view, re-fractional indexes of elements also refer to the issue of light as in Special Relativity Cases..

INCONSISTENCIES OF SPECIAL RELATIVITY
WITHIN PHYSICAL MEDIA

http://www.santilli-foundation.org/Sunset-Sunrise.html

If at all on the honesty of those whom want true answers, I am hoping that scientist here will consider this something to look further into....

Edited by Iwonderaboutthings

It is stated that the speed of light has no mass and does not exist in this dimension.

Light has zero mass, that is right. I don't know what you mean by does not exist in this dimension.

again photons carry no information, are mass-less and do not exist in this dimension...

Photons have energy (and momentum), frequency or wavelength, which we see as colour and spin. So they have properties we can measure, if this is what you mean by information.

Your assertions that light dies not exist in this dimension and carry no information are false.

Your conclusion that you must be seeing an image from the past is correct, but light travels so fast that humans cannot detect this.

Ray optics explains very well how mirrors work.

Do you have mirror?

Do you have laser pointer?

Play a bit with it..

You will see where "dot" of laser is ending up.

Then read about Snell's law.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snell%27s_law

You should also ask question how is it possible that when we have computer 3d rendering engine, and mirror like surface, when we will look at that surface from right angle we will see our own virtual camera in it (or even camera in mirror in camera in mirror and camera in mirror etc.).. It's called recursive ray-tracing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_tracing_%28graphics%29

For 1920x1080 with anti-aliasing 4 there is needed to trace 8.3 millions paths of photons per frame. So for 30 fps there would be needed ~250 millions per second.

If it works in 3d simulation, why it wouldn't work in real world?

Edited by Sensei

photons carry no information

That's news to me. Also probably news to your computer; the information sent over the internet is often optical, meaning the photons are carrying lots of information.

I am also asking if this is truly a physical case then shouldn't the person in-front of the mirror become multiples of time, meaning, that since c =1 second how on earth can animation IE movement from the person's reflection be at all possibly even seeing by the person and " other observers"????

c ≠ 1 second. c = 3x10^8 m/s

If at all on the honesty of those whom want true answers, I am hoping that scientist here will consider this something to look further into....

The link to is a crackpot site. If you want specific debunkings, you need to bring up specific issues.

THATS A LOT OF EYES THE PERSON MUST HAVE!

Unless you are standing in the dark, light is bouncing off you in all directions already. If you were standing in the middle of a circle of people, they'd all be able to see you.

So why is it some kind of problem that light bouncing off you, then off a mirror, can be seen by multiple people or from multiple angles?

What exactly is it that you don't think makes sense?

Light has zero mass, that is right. I don't know what you mean by does not exist in this dimension.

Photons have energy (and momentum), frequency or wavelength, which we see as colour and spin. So they have properties we can measure, if this is what you mean by information.

Opps sorry ajb, I should have stated that the speed of light is static and found everywhere all at once...

Here was the conversation on that some time back...

Hymm, color and energy yes they can be measured, but isn't that more for the subjects of QM, QED and other phenomena dealing with uncertainty??
I really should have mentioned the " quantum of action earlier" playing a role here, I sorta forgot to add this to my OP, but I think it is only obvious that it would be a valid case since were are dealing with "residual images right" and multiples of time meaning that people can see themselves moving in the mirror over time...
On the notion of bosons, wouldn't these light rays just pass through the mirror then, leaving ample time of quanta to reveal an image of the subject in the mirror " from the past" traveling to the future onto the present as time traveled back and fourth through the quantum of action???
This may explain the reason why we can see ourselves moving in the mirror. But if this were the case h would override c or become balanced??? I don't even know how to begin here, this is weird stuff to talk about...
There is something not correct about light rays " just reflecting off " matter" in general.
This would mean their is a " proprietary um HUGE incidence angle" un-accounted for, this being the case time would then be flat like a hyper plane?????
I don't want to get too complex but I am aware that that k in re-fractional indexes decays exponentially.
But what keeps us from disappearing from our residual image then????
If heat is energy and humans radiate heat then aren't humans a type of energy???
Like the photon humans have color and energy too..
Whats the deal ;) ?

'speed of light has no mass' You wrote that right?

Yes I wrote that but with collective resources, I am still unsure of this..

Title: photons have no mass, how can they have momentum?

Your assertions that light dies not exist in this dimension and carry no information are false.

Your conclusion that you must be seeing an image from the past is correct, but light travels so fast that humans cannot detect this.

Ray optics explains very well how mirrors work.

If humans cannot detect this, then how can humans see themselves in the mirror??

This could only mean one thing then... That would be that the human mind is faster than the speed of light, which would explain why humans don't " realize this."

QM talks about how we can change reality with our mind and our thoughts, not sure if this is possible however there have been some advancements where neural devices can help people whom are " disabled" move the mouse button on the computer screen with their mind. I don't remember the article but I am sure someone here knows about this...

On the notion of this dimension, what I should have stated is that this dimension seems to be larger than we think it to be, leaving the notion that we are experiencing residual forms that dismiss a mirror in general..

Do you have mirror?

Do you have laser pointer?

Play a bit with it..

You will see where "dot" of laser is ending up.

Then read about Snell's law.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snell%27s_law

You should also ask question how is it possible that when we have computer 3d rendering engine, and mirror like surface, when we will look at that surface from right angle we will see our own virtual camera in it (or even camera in mirror in camera in mirror and camera in mirror etc.).. It's called recursive ray-tracing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_tracing_%28graphics%29

For 1920x1080 with anti-aliasing 4 there is needed to trace 8.3 millions paths of photons per frame. So for 30 fps there would be needed ~250 millions per second.

If it works in 3d simulation, why it wouldn't work in real world?

Yes thanks I am very familiar with Snell's law " just recently" and now has led to another issue that does not make any sense at all with human perception...

One thing is how k decays exponentially. I thought that an exponent was the unit's length??

About 3d, are you talking about the frustum>? The set virtual camera points at you at 180 degrees..

Z is depth it causes the Illusion of distance in a 3d game..However what is the origin of Cartesian space?

If you take this 3d engine and place it in the real world, the question would need answers..

I used to create video games some time back so I am very familiar with 3d graphics and those " very very" costly memory chips." It has inspired these types of questions, I do believe in virtual reality by the way ;)

I think the issues is how can the human mind keep all that data present for one second of animation in the mirror over time and distance in the real world? If that's applicable. That is a lot of brain work if you ask me...

If heat is energy and humans radiate heat then aren't humans a type of energy???

Alive body of animal is emitting photons at frequency ranges below visible spectrum (so they can be visible by IR cameras used by f.e. soldiers).

Equine_Horse_Infrared_Cameras_Analysis.j

(but it's mostly animals that have temperature higher than environment such as mammals or birds).

Except very few animals that emit their own light at visible range like fishes at bottom of oceans.

f.e.

angler-fish_222_600x450.jpg

http://images.nationalgeographic.com/wpf/media-live/photos/000/002/cache/angler-fish_222_600x450.jpg

When we see ourself in mirrors we see photons emitted by Sun or light bulbs or LEDs.

Edited by Sensei

That's news to me. Also probably news to your computer; the information sent over the internet is often optical, meaning the photons are carrying lots of information.

c ≠ 1 second. c = 3x10^8 m/s

The link to is a crackpot site. If you want specific debunkings, you need to bring up specific issues.

Are you sure your value for c is correct sir? This is just a guess here, but shouldn't it be simply 16 a hex number??

8*2 = 16

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hexadecimal

Here is a link: Documentary about Horizon Parallel Universes "

"Dr. Michio Kaku"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-nP4yD1hkk

On a special note here, Discoveries are never made with a closed mind...
This is what science is all about, it is about discoveries..
About your crack pot offer link.
I am not going to tolerate insults nor sarcasm from Moderators Whom Abuse Their Power On This Site.
You are welcome to ban me from this site at your own expense.
My post is not in any way shape or form insulting discrediting or whatever...
I will only continue this conversation with you if you apologize for your rude words towards me.
Other than that, if not banned I will continue an adult discussion with the other members whom refrained from insults....

Unless you are standing in the dark, light is bouncing off you in all directions already. If you were standing in the middle of a circle of people, they'd all be able to see you.

So why is it some kind of problem that light bouncing off you, then off a mirror, can be seen by multiple people or from multiple angles?

What exactly is it that you don't think makes sense?

Because light is also referred to as bosons, meaning they pass through matter right??

Alive body of animal is emitting photons at frequency ranges below visible spectrum (so they can be visible by IR cameras used by f.e. soldiers).

Equine_Horse_Infrared_Cameras_Analysis.j

(but it's mostly animals that have temperature higher than environment such as mammals or birds).

Except very few animals that emit their own light at visible range like fishes at bottom of oceans.

f.e.

angler-fish_222_600x450.jpg

http://images.nationalgeographic.com/wpf/media-live/photos/000/002/cache/angler-fish_222_600x450.jpg

When we see ourself in mirrors we see photons emitted by Sun or light bulbs or LEDs.

The issue is how light is from the past and not from the present " time" as per cosmology.

What keeps the light rays sustaining a human reflections and their motion over time?

Never knew this about fish thanks. ;)

I will only continue this conversation with you if you apologize for your rude words towards me.

Ruggero Santilli is considered to work on the more "fringe" side of physics. Any references to his works need to be treated with care, lets say.

Yes thanks I am very familiar with Snell's law " just recently" and now has led to another issue that does not make any sense at all with human perception...

Of course it has sense..

One thing is how k decays exponentially. I thought that an exponent was the unit's length??

Are you talking about spreading photons in the all directions?

If you have light source with 1 Watt, emitting photons at 532 nm wavelength, each with E=h*c/532nm=3.74e-19 J in uniform direction like laser. You have 1 J/3.74e-19 J = 2.67*10^20 photons emitted per second.

If these photons will hit wall, they are spread in the all directions.

Laser "dot" is visible regardless of angle you will look at wall (except behind).

Now, the further you're from it, the less photons will reach you, because of inverse-square law. And the smaller intensity your eye will record.

Similar multi-bounce of photons happens with Sun light. We can be inside of room, inside of house, and still have pretty bright even though we don't see direct rays from Sun.

About 3d, are you talking about the frustum>?

No. Viewing frustum is method of projecting 3d coordinate to 2d coordinate space of viewing monitor screen..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viewing_frustum

Ray-tracing engine don't need 3d->2d projection at all.

It's sending rays in the all directions to check whether ray hit some geometry or not.

From that have information about distance and position of surface that has been hit.

And can perform shading calculation of that spot.

3d games demanding speed are doing 3d->2d projection (multiplication of vector by projection matrix), then drawing triangles in reverse order (sorted by z-depth). It's quick and cheap.

But in 3d real-time game you won't see mirror of yourself, unless authors cheated with reflective surfaces (it's done by using pixel-shaders usually).

The set virtual camera points at you at 180 degrees..

Z is depth it causes the Illusion of distance in a 3d game..However what is the origin of Cartesian space?

In 3d games and 3d rendering engines after transformations camera is always at 0,0,0. Center of everything.

If you take this 3d engine and place it in the real world, the question would need answers..

But what question?

I used to create video games some time back so I am very familiar with 3d graphics and those " very very" costly memory chips." It has inspired these types of questions, I do believe in virtual reality by the way ;)

I have no idea what do you mean by "believing in virtual reality"...

Does it need "believing in"?

I think the issues is how can the human mind keep all that data present for one second of animation in the mirror over time and distance in the real world? If that's applicable. That is a lot of brain work if you ask me...

We usually stare to mirror from 0.5m or so, so we see ourself that we were 3.33 nanoseconds ago (0.5m distance from us to mirror, and yet another 0.5m back = 1m/299792458 m/s = 3.33*10^-9 s)..

Are you sure your value for c is correct sir? This is just a guess here, but shouldn't it be simply 16 a hex number??

8*2 = 16

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hexadecimal

I am quite sure that light travels at 300 million meters a second in a vacuum. You are free to use HEX numbers, but outside of some computer science applications usually we use base 10.

About your crack pot offer link.

I am not going to tolerate insults nor sarcasm from Moderators Whom Abuse Their Power On This Site.

My "crack pot site" remark was neither sarcasm nor an insult; I am quite sincere that the link was to a crackpot site and that I'd be happy to debunk specific claims from that site. I'm not going to go through the whole quagmire of it, though.

Further, I made no personal observations about you, so I don't understand the accusation of an insult.

You are welcome to ban me from this site at your own expense.

My post is not in any way shape or form insulting discrediting or whatever...

I see nothing for which I must apologize. This does, however, raise the question of whether unfounded accusations of rudeness are themselves examples of rude behavior. Or whether accusations of abuse of power are rude as well, when no examples are given.

Other than that, if not banned I will continue an adult discussion with the other members whom refrained from insults....

Because light is also referred to as bosons, meaning they pass through matter right??

The issue is how light is from the past and not from the present " time" as per cosmology.

What keeps the light rays sustaining a human reflections and their motion over time?

No, bosons don't pass through matter. Many atoms in your body are composite bosons; all it means is that the spin is an integer, and that dictates certain quantum-mechanical behavior.

Light is an electromagnetic oscillation where the changing electric field induces a changing magnetic field, which induces a changing electric field, and so on. In free space it doesn't dissipate; energy and momentum are conserved, and there's no mechanism for that to happen other than for the photon to continue on. Because light has a fixed and finite speed, distance correlates with time.

What?!

Speed of light is 299792458 m/s.

If somebody doesn't remember right, he is using 3*10^8 m/s instead.

Of course reflection from mirror is from the past. 3.33 ns ago, if you look at mirror from 0.5m.

Never knew this about fish thanks. ;)

Read more how they emit light here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglerfish

No.

If light routinely passed through matter (we all know about windows) then we'd see nothing.

Light wouldn't bounce* off you, to the eyes of someone looking at you.

Light wouldn't register in their retinas, it'd pass through.

I still have no idea what you are trying to say.

(* "bounce" is of course a simplification.)

Edited by pzkpfw

Ruggero Santilli is considered to work on the more "fringe" side of physics. Any references to his works need to be treated with care, lets say.

Ohh :unsure: , ok thanks..

Of course it has sense..

Are you talking about spreading photons in the all directions?

If you have light source with 1 Watt, emitting photons at 532 nm wavelength, each with E=h*c/532nm=3.74e-19 J in uniform direction like laser. You have 1 J/3.74e-19 J = 2.67*10^20 photons emitted per second.

If these photons will hit wall, they are spread in the all directions.

Laser "dot" is visible regardless of angle you will look at wall (except behind).

Now, the further you're from it, the less photons will reach you, because of inverse-square law. And the smaller intensity your eye will record.

Similar multi-bounce of photons happens with Sun light. We can be inside of room, inside of house, and still have pretty bright even though we don't see direct rays from Sun.

No. Viewing frustum is method of projecting 3d coordinate to 2d coordinate space of viewing monitor screen..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viewing_frustum

Ray-tracing engine don't need 3d->2d projection at all.

It's sending rays in the all directions to check whether ray hit some geometry or not.

From that have information about distance and position of surface that has been hit.

And can perform shading calculation of that spot.

3d games demanding speed are doing 3d->2d projection (multiplication of vector by projection matrix), then drawing triangles in reverse order (sorted by z-depth). It's quick and cheap.

But in 3d real-time game you won't see mirror of yourself, unless authors cheated with reflective surfaces (it's done by using pixel-shaders usually).

In 3d games and 3d rendering engines after transformations camera is always at 0,0,0. Center of everything.

But what question?

I have no idea what do you mean by "believing in virtual reality"...

Does it need "believing in"?

We usually stare to mirror from 0.5m or so, so we see ourself that we were 3.33 nanoseconds ago (0.5m distance from us to mirror, and yet another 0.5m back = 1m/299792458 m/s = 3.33*10^-9 s)..

Yes I am talking about photons going in all directions not only omni but in all "morphed and warped" directions as well.

Yes I know about the tangent of light rays..

The issues I am seeing here are frequency related.

Reason: Refraction reflects off surfaces flat as per the angle of incidence and the plane of incidence and tangent of the plane.

Another reason for this is because of the refraction index information one of them states:

"As the speed of light is reduced in the slower mediums, the wavelength is shortened proportionately. The frequency is unchanged; it is a characteristic of the source of the light and unaffected by medium change.

Now,

This explains quantum affects that do not deal with "physical matter" from what I know so far...

So your example of photon energy is in this relation of frequency and residual images from a human that appear to begin and end at 1..

Your example 0.5m back = 1m/299792458 m/s = 3.33*10^-9 s)..

Since c is found everywhere at once this issue with frequency would imply dimensions unaccounted for outside the barriers of h itself...

Now,

The inverse square law would imply that distance does not exist because of exponential decay.

This was why I refereed to a 3d game's origin in the real world frustum example of digital cam at 0 0 0 position in empty space.

That would mean Flat Hyper Space...We would be all relative to it then.

So believing in " virtual reality" would then be the case of choice and freewill..

snip...

Totally does not make any sense what so ever due to the geometry of incidence from behind the mirror's consideration:

snap...

The vorpal blade went snicker snack!...

What honestly does not make any sense here is that you seem to argue that you don't see yourself in a mirror. Shall we next discuss vampirism?

I am quite sure that light travels at 300 million meters a second in a vacuum. You are free to use HEX numbers, but outside of some computer science applications usually we use base 10.

My "crack pot site" remark was neither sarcasm nor an insult; I am quite sincere that the link was to a crackpot site and that I'd be happy to debunk specific claims from that site. I'm not going to go through the whole quagmire of it, though.

Further, I made no personal observations about you, so I don't understand the accusation of an insult.

I see nothing for which I must apologize. This does, however, raise the question of whether unfounded accusations of rudeness are themselves examples of rude behavior. Or whether accusations of abuse of power are rude as well, when no examples are given.

No, bosons don't pass through matter. Many atoms in your body are composite bosons; all it means is that the spin is an integer, and that dictates certain quantum-mechanical behavior.

Light is an electromagnetic oscillation where the changing electric field induces a changing magnetic field, which induces a changing electric field, and so on. In free space it doesn't dissipate; energy and momentum are conserved, and there's no mechanism for that to happen other than for the photon to continue on. Because light has a fixed and finite speed, distance correlates with time.

You are talking about discrete levels of quantification, In no relation to genetics in the human body, this does not explain why some humans age either faster or slower than others, this does not explain physical characteristics from person to person and does not explain how some people get along while others do not, some more educated and some not so educated.

Due to the relation of frequency and time..

And yet we all experience residual images in the mirror similarly???

This 100% does not make any sense, due to quantification of energy. Unless you describe this in a paranormal sense it would perhaps be a better explanation other than just mirrors, numbers and rays of light going in straight lines that disappear proportional to the square? :wacko:

Where exactly do they disappear to re-appear is more like the question here. Mass And Equivalence Principle.

But due to frequency unchanged, this seems more of an involved question then we may perceive it to be.

The mass and equivalence principles would entirely denotes all this.

Question:

If the preference is base 10 numeral systems, then why would science involve trigonometric function and or methods of sine and cos in re-fractional indexes???

I mean with all these radio waves in the air I assume some will eventually intersect..

What?!

Speed of light is 299792458 m/s.

If somebody doesn't remember right, he is using 3*10^8 m/s instead.

Of course reflection from mirror is from the past. 3.33 ns ago, if you look at mirror from 0.5m.

Read more how they emit light here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglerfish

No, "frequency " they " book authors "have said" does not exist in re-fractional indexes..

Here it is again:

IE: As the speed of light is reduced in the slower medium, the wavelength is shortened proportionately. The frequency is unchanged; it is a characteristic of the source of the light and unaffected by medium change.

I am willing to accept this information to be wrong ;)

I am very familiar with all speeds of light, I was refereeing to Vacuum since this is where it originates from...

AGAIN PLEASE NOTICE:

IE: As the speed of light is reduced in the slower medium, the wavelength is shortened proportionately. The frequency is unchanged; it is a characteristic of the source of the light and unaffected by medium change.

You are correct with 3*10^8 m/s, I just have issues with exponents they don't make any sense whatsoever in relation to time though..

Of coarse they are multiples of the 1...

AND WHOMEVER DECIDED TO DISAGREE WITH THIS, YOU DISAGREE WITH FACTS..

What honestly does not make any sense here is that you seem to argue that you don't see yourself in a mirror. Shall we next discuss vampirism?

Chomp on with your snicker snack

Vampires soulless entities trapped in the dark

...redacted

Chomp on with your snicker snack

Vampires soulless entities trapped in the dark

Do you see yourself in a mirror or not?

Edited by Acme

You seems to be mixing everything totally..

Misunderstanding even simple things..

The inverse square law would imply that distance does not exist because of exponential decay.

I have made animation of how inverse-square law works with any particles.

If we have initial 266 particles at center (that's quantity used in below anim gif), and then they are moving in the all directions from center (isotropic emission), the further they are from center, the less particles per area unit. After 1 second, there is still the same quantity of them total. Simply they are spread further each other.

post-100882-0-15569500-1396132964.gif

Frequency, wavelength, energy and momentum of particle remain the SAME during isotropic emission in the all directions uniformly.

Knowing total energy of Sun photons at surface of Earth 1367 W/m^2 (without loses caused by atmosphere) and distance from source ~150 mln km we can calculate energy that Sun (or other light source) emitted in the all direction.

4*PI*r^2 - area of sphere. Replace r by 150 mln km. 2.827*10^23 m^2 area

Total energy of all photons of Sun is therefore 1367*2.827*10^23 m^2 = 3.865*10^26 W = 3.865*10^26 Joules per second. With average photon wavelength 532 nm (thus energy 3.74e-19 J ) there is approximately 1.03345*10^45 photons emitted per second in the all direction from Sun surface.

You are correct with 3*10^8 m/s, I just have issues with exponents they don't make any sense whatsoever in relation to time though..

Speed of light 299792458 meters per second is experimental data.

I don't know about what exponents you're talking about..

Edited by Sensei

You are talking about discrete levels of quantification, In no relation to genetics in the human body, this does not explain why some humans age either faster or slower than others, this does not explain physical characteristics from person to person and does not explain how some people get along while others do not, some more educated and some not so educated.

Due to the relation of frequency and time..

Nothing in this discussion thus far has dealt with genetics or aging. I don't see the connection.

You seems to be mixing everything totally..

Misunderstanding even simple things..

I have made animation of how inverse-square law works with any particles.

If we have initial 266 particles at center (that's quantity used in below anim gif), and then they are moving in the all directions from center (isotropic emission), the further they are from center, the less particles per area unit. After 1 second, there is still the same quantity of them total. Simply they are spread further each other.

post-100882-0-15569500-1396132964.gif

Frequency, wavelength, energy and momentum of particle remain the SAME during isotropic emission in the all directions uniformly.

Knowing total energy of Sun photons at surface of Earth 1367 W/m^2 (without loses caused by atmosphere) and distance from source ~150 mln km we can calculate energy that Sun (or other light source) emitted in the all direction.

4*PI*r^2 - area of sphere. Replace r by 150 mln km. 2.827*10^23 m^2 area

Total energy of all photons of Sun is therefore 1367*2.827*10^23 m^2 = 3.865*10^26 W = 3.865*10^26 Joules per second. With average photon wavelength 532 nm (thus energy 3.74e-19 J ) there is approximately 1.03345*10^45 photons emitted per second in the all direction from Sun surface.

Speed of light 299792458 meters per second is experimental data.

I don't know about what exponents you're talking about..

Thats an incredible animation! I love 3d graphics thanks!

I will try to study more on this I don't want to keep you back and fourth I am already great full for your time...

But one last thing....

Is this true " Frequency is the cycles/second. Period is the seconds/cycle."

Here is the link:http://www.physicsclassroom.com/class/waves/u10l2b.cfm

Is this really how scientist do it??? I dont mean to sound dumb, but I like to make sure of things.. ;)

Arent division and multiplication the same thing??

Nothing in this discussion thus far has dealt with genetics or aging. I don't see the connection.

You are wrong, about bosons not passing through matter.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photon

Were you joking though? Serious?

I can handle that much, about genetics, I think you get the point on that one.

This is where I start getting concerned about what I read, hear and converse with over the internet.

I AM NOW STARTING TO UNDERSTAND WHY THEY SAY QUANTUM MECHANICS IS COUNTER INTUITIVE :(

BETTER LATE THAN NEVER THOUGH ;)

Arent division and multiplication the same thing??

Of course not: 6 multiplied by 2 is 12; 6 divided by 2 is 3.

Is this true " Frequency is the cycles/second. Period is the seconds/cycle."

Yes it is true: frequency is the number of cycles in one second; period is how long (in seconds) the cycle is. (This has nothing to do with your statement that multiplication and division are the same.)

You are wrong, about bosons not passing through matter.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photon

From that page:

Any 'explanation' of how photons travel through matter has to explain why different arrangements of matter are transparent or opaque at different wavelengths (light through carbon as diamond or not, as graphite)

So, yes, obviously light can pass through some matter (air, water, glass, for example) but bosons do not pass through all matter.

Some photons can pass through some matter. But it is not a general property of bosons that they pass through matter.

At one frequency range material can be transparent, and on other frequency range same material can be opaque.

In one episode of Mythbusters they were testing IR camera and experimenting with different materials - which one causes to be invisible in IR camera view. Glass was pretty good at hiding to IR camera.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIHpsyuyV4I

Glass testing at ~8 min of video.

Edited by Sensei