God sends infants to Hell if it exists.

Pozessed

Imagine being 100 and looking back as if you were 6. You probably have little to no recolection of your life then. As well, when you were 6 society was probably more forgiving of misbehaviors than they would if you were an adult. Hence why we try minors and adults differently for the same type of crimes.
At 100 years old, you may or may not consider a 6 year old to be in their infancy compared to your accumulation of life experiences and their accumulation of life experiences.

Presuming a God exists and life is eternal,, comparing our 100 year life span to 1000 years, we are all still infants in that relative time frame. Thus If Hell exists, and God is sending people there, he is punishing those people while they are in their infancy.

Edited by Pozessed

Hell is immoral, infinite punishment for finite crimes is not justice. The same punishment for all crimes is not justice. Torture is immoral as well. taking all these into account Hell is immoral as is any "god" who would employ such punishments...

Hell is immoral, infinite punishment for finite crimes is not justice. The same punishment for all crimes is not justice. Torture is immoral as well. taking all these into account Hell is immoral as is any "god" who would employ such punishments...

With great power comes great responsibility. I don't believe in God, but I read that he gives you life, and thus you owe him somewhat already; you are in his debt, however, it is not a burden upon you while you live. I think it's fair to be judged upon death, and if you were evil, you go to hell for a certain amount of time, or even eternally; maybe 'hell' is non-existence whilst good people live on. God is forgiving, I think if he existed, a being with wisdom and understanding above our own, he would be able to judge correctly, forgiving children and people that couldn't really help but be evil, and sending those that could help it to hell. I think we underestimate the being of God, he could be like a hermit. very isolated from everyone but here in spirit-- that God doesn't interfere with his creation, and thus we will never prove he exists, on the other hand, God would be able to prove we exist, he is above us in every way.

Edited by s1eep

With great power comes great responsibility. I don't believe in God, but I read that he gives you life, and thus you owe him somewhat already; you are in his debt, however, it is not a burden upon you while you live. I think it's fair to be judged upon death, and if you were evil, you go to hell for a certain amount of time, or even eternally; maybe 'hell' is non-existence whilst good people live on. God is forgiving, I think if he existed, a being with wisdom and understanding above our own, he would be able to judge correctly, forgiving children and people that couldn't really help but be evil, and sending those that could help it to hell. I think we underestimate the being of God, he could be like a hermit. very isolated from everyone but here in spirit-- that God doesn't interfere with his creation, and thus we will never prove he exists, on the other hand, God would be able to prove we exist, he is above us in every way.

I understand your thoughts. I am agnostic in many of much of my faith as well. I tend to lean more towards agnostic theist than agnostic atheist though.

First you must define evil, which is nothing more than a word used to describe how we feel at a certain point in time.How and why we feel that way would be based off of our moral compass. We each have our own definitions of what we feel are evil and why we feel they are evil. Of course all I just said is subjective, but that is my opinion.

In the matter of pedophiles, rapists, and murderers which have roamed this earth,I assume most societies would consider them to be evil people. If we as a society could live for 100 years without any rapists, murderes, or pedophiles in our communities, we would act as if they never existed at all.

Therefore a God knowing that 10,000 years from now these peoples attrocaties won't be remembered, he probably equates their actions to kids rough housing in a pool. Eternal damnation does not seem like a fair justifiable sentence when it compares our lifetime to eternity.

My sentiments exactly.

Religionists would say that any crime against God is infinite as we owe our existence to him. Of course the whole concept of hell is ridiculous. The notion that God created the world so that we worship him and if we fail he burns us for eternity even though he is loving and merciful, is absurd at best.

Dharmic faiths seem to be a bit more rational... being are reborn according to the karma they had in previous life and if they live good lives, they go higher in the hierarchy until total liberation from rebirth is achieved (nirvana).