Is sexual preference a choice?

Peter BE cimp

And I'm sure you'd happily "jump down the throat" of anyone or anything that you think is 'harmful' or 'ineffective', with more then just your words.

It's not about what I think. It's about what extensive research has shown to be fact.

Is it possible for you to drop the personal accusations, please? They are against the rules after all.

If I was to 'drop something personal', you'd have more trouble understanding it then you would feeling bad about it. But please, we're all good people just trying to get our points across, some of us just seem to have a little more trouble than others with their points, but that's all in their head, and there's nothing we can do about it.

"As a good christian, I'm always going to disagree with any proof you try to give me."

As a good Christian "You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor".

So if we show you that homosexuality is reasonable, normal and above all, not a personal choice, yet you continue to say otherwise, you are committing a sin.

Incidentally, you might want to be careful bragging about how strongly you hold your faith

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_deadly_sins#Pride

"I don't think people like getting killed for their sexual orientation, but we're not the ones doing the killing."

Nice try with the red herring there.

It doesn't matter who is doing the killing (even if they are doing it because they are good Christians and the Bible tells them to).

"If they honestly don't want to be killed for their lifestyle, but they don't want to leave their home-land, something's going to have to change, or they gonna die."

And what should change is the attitude that it is in any way right to kill them.

However people like you tacitly support those murderers.

The point remains that even the overt threat of death doesn't cause them to change their orientation.

So it's clearly not a choice.

Edited by John Cuthber

So your saying I support the killing of gays, because that would be a direct insult to me and I'm pretty sure that's against the rules... And you might want to research what a Bible verse means before you use it in an argument. When the Bible says "You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor", it means you can't tell them something that directly goes against what the Bible says is the law, so pretty much you can't lie about the Bible. The Bible does say that being gay is wrong, however, so I'm not sinning when I say it's wrong, and I'm not bearing false witness.

You said

"it's they're choice to continue to be gay in a country that kills them for it, and/or continue to live in the country that kills them for their own decisions in life. If they honestly don't want to be killed for their lifestyle, but they don't want to leave their home-land, something's going to have to change, or they gonna die."

You didn't say that it was wrong for people to kill them and, by doing so, you tacitly supported that killing.

(I'm ignoring the logical fallacy of begging the question there)

If you are offended then perhaps you should do something about it.

Condemn those who are doing what they see as the Lord's work.

BTW, I did some research (quite some time ago actually).

"There are six things that the LORD strongly dislikes, seven that are an abomination to him: haughty eyes, a lying tongue.."

"Offenses against the truth express by word or deed a refusal to commit oneself to moral uprightness: they are fundamental infidelities to God and, in this sense, they undermine the foundations of covenant with God"

and so on from

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thou_shalt_not_bear_false_witness_against_thy_neighbour

If I was to 'drop something personal', you'd have more trouble understanding it then you would feeling bad about it. But please, we're all good people just trying to get our points across, some of us just seem to have a little more trouble than others with their points, but that's all in their head, and there's nothing we can do about it.

If you can't make a point without leaving personal jabs out of it, either you need to work a bit on separating attacking ideas rather than people, or perhaps try coming up with something other than ad hom arguments to support your position.

As a good christian, I'm always going to disagree with any proof you try to give me. Also as a high school student, none of you will ever win an argument with me because your point will never get across to me; I'll always find some fault in your argument whether it's correct or not.

That raises the question of whether someone who places ideology above facts is a "good Christian" and whether renunciation of gays is good Christian theology. I think the answer is no in both cases.

But taking this ideological position is at least consistent. In this view, being gay has to be a choice, because if it's not then one's whole worldview comes crashing down. Meaning that if you've decided on an ideology that declares the sky is pink, then you'll continue to insist the sky is pink and never look up and examine the situation too closely. For all I know, one might become convinced it is actually pink.

On another note, and I'm sorry John that I've been neglecting your question, no I don't think people like getting killed for their sexual orientation, but we're not the ones doing the killing. This may sound very American-self-centered, but it's they're choice to continue to be gay in a country that kills them for it, and/or continue to live in the country that kills them for their own decisions in life.

You're begging the question that it's a choice/decision, since that's not been established, but I have to assume then that you're OK with places that kill Christian missionaries, since being Christian is a choice. It's all good, right?

!

Moderator Note

Peter BE cimp,

The deliberate trolling and personal comments stops now. We will not hesitate to suspend you from posting should you continue.

Edit: on second thoughts, we're not even going to give you the option. Since you don't seem to be here for any other reason than to troll and be obnoxious, staff have decided to ban you.

So your saying I support the killing of gays, because that would be a direct insult to me and I'm pretty sure that's against the rules... And you might want to research what a Bible verse means before you use it in an argument. When the Bible says "You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor", it means you can't tell them something that directly goes against what the Bible says is the law, so pretty much you can't lie about the Bible. The Bible does say that being gay is wrong, however, so I'm not sinning when I say it's wrong, and I'm not bearing false witness.

Killing gays is not against the rules of the christian god, in fact it is demanded that homosexuals be killed. I would suggest you actually read the bible before you decide what it says..