If there are multiple universes, then is this the most stable universe?

Genecks

I've been watching videos about quantum foam, multiverses, and string theory. One of the things that gets me is that if universes can come together and combine, and if there are infinite universes, then why am I not seeing obscure things each day that break the laws of physics and seem out of the ordinary, such as people walking around with antenna on their heads?

Then I start to question if infinite multiverses are combining and leaving at an instantaneous rate, then the universe we currently reside in is the most stable configuration that can occur. Has there been any speculation in relation to the quantum foam theory or multiverse theory as to why this universe appears stable rather than random and continuously breaking the laws of physics?

I'm under the impression that there is a filtering effect in place. It appears that virtual particles may be able to enter this universe but only for a brief time due to the conditions for which they enter are not absolute. As such, it reminds me of a membrane, for which only objects of particular molecular weights can pass through.

Edited by Genecks

To our state, we are the most stable. If there are multiple universes, there could be a universe with only 3 dimensions without time. Not stable for a human to travel to.

Now with the Multiverse, one of the paradoxes is that there could be a multiverse were any physics could be possible. Think of that. Thats what I mean by it is stable by our standards. They might have something different than our gravity, or their particles would interact differently with the world. Then you get into the multiverses that have 4 spacial dimensions, + 1 time, and that's were things get all screwy. Just think of how crazy that is!!! Still, to stable.

I know that if universes collide, they might be reborn as a bigger one, but I don't know that a universe would survive a collision.

I think that you are not thinking about it right. Time, as we know is relative. Because of that fact, we can assume that time does not pass the same for everything. Have you ever thought that our universe is just a cell in a massive body? But how long does the cell last? We know that some don't last long at all, but do you think the cell knows how long it lasted relative to us. That's were it gets cool. Maybe universes are colliding, but because our time span is so short relative to the universe as a whole, we don't notice it, because we don't live long enough. And your second question in the second paragraph is answered by the above.

And for your last point, I can neither confirm nor deny what you said. I don't really know a lot about virtual particles. More research for me...

• 3 weeks later...

Depends what people see as stable. To living beings on Earth in general, stable usually means predictable and safe... such as rocks not causing a nuclear explosion when dropping to the ground. If each universe indeed has unique physical rules in each and every aspect, any has very different physical rules and chemical reactions from what we can begin to imagine. In some there is no such thing as light or fire, in others particles don't even become mutually attracted to form atoms and molecules so there's no such thing as solid objects. Stable is a fuzzy concept to imagine at such a scale. Overall though, I think each universe both has or lacks a lot of "functionality" and strange things we see in ours... but different things and even different forms of life can exist in each.