No ecology/environmental science forum?

I've noticed that almost every major branch of science here is covered, EXCEPT for ecology and environmental science. Especially in the biology forums I've noticed a certain lack of knowledge among members in their post about environmental concepts, esp. in regards to evolution, as well as a certain lack of interest in it altogether.

Sure, atoms collide and a species evolves, but what about the big picture?

This is just a request/inquiry. I think ecology & environmental science deserves its own forum, but if there's no interest in it, things are fine as they are.

Honestly, I don't know. That's why I made this post in the first place - to see how other posters would react. So, guys, drop a word as to how you'd feel about having a seperate ecology forum.

I honestly would love to see one, but I haven't been around long enough to know whether there's a great interest in it or not. I thought I'd ask anyway. Asking never hurt anyone, now did it?

I noted the lack of an environmental forum some while back. It would be a good place to discuss the practicalities of new energy sources(ie their installation/implications), as well as meteorlogical(spl?) evolution and our manipulation of the atmospheric enviroment, which doesn't quite fit the biology guise.

I've noticed that almost every major branch of science here is covered' date=' EXCEPT for ecology and environmental science. Especially in the biology forums I've noticed a certain lack of knowledge among members in their post about environmental concepts, esp. in regards to evolution, as well as a certain lack of interest in it altogether.

Sure, atoms collide and a species evolves, but what about the big picture?

This is just a request/inquiry. I think ecology & environmental science deserves its own forum, but if there's no interest in it, things are fine as they are.[/quote']

I, for one, would like to see an ecology forum. But I can see that if there isn't a demand for it then there is no forum for it. There is no reason, however, why one can't just start a thread on this, or related, topic in the biology forums.

FYI: I noticed a lack of knowledge about ecology with some members too. They are called creationists. :P