Any quick way to learn maths(i.e., resourses that are to the point)

Lightmeow

I have been trying to accelerate my math education, but I have found it difficult because most of the resources that I have been using haven't been to the point at all, or haven't been teaching just the concept. An example would be Khan Academy. I have been using them for a while but gave up because the videos are extremely slow for me. Are there any math books/resources out there that are to the point, maybe like a reference book, but not like a workbook? I also asked some of my teachers for some higher level books, but the same thing happened, they were slow, and had a lot of talking that was not related what so ever to the math.(I really couldn't care how high the empire state building is, or "fun facts about pi") And yes, those two examples were out of a high school books, a Algebra 2 book, and the "pi" one was out of a Trig book.

Please Help :(

I would recommend watching Khan's videos at 2x speed by enabling the Youtube HTML5 beta features (http://youtube.com/html5), as his videos do end up sounding a bit slow due to his teacher's cadence.

I will do that. Is there any books that anyone would recommend? What I like about books is I can take notes in the book and book mark pages that I might not remember fully, unlike videos.

I personally feel that videos can't match books. Hall and Knight's Algebra. S.L Loney's geometery and trignometery. Ultimate and classic books. No fun facts or anything. They will enhance your interest by genuine exercise and presentation.

Gilbert Strangs Linear Algebra and Basic Calculus

http://ocw.mit.edu/courses/mathematics/18-06-linear-algebra-spring-2010/

I picked up a copy of them for a few dollars on ebay - pretty dog-eared but complete. These are first year MIT courses and may be a bit tough (I seem to remember reading you were early teens) - but Prof Strang is a natural teacher and with the videos and the books you may well be able to keep up; will need some serious dedication tho!

Paul's Online Notes are great for calculus - but can leave you high and dry if you cannot fathom an idea needed to progress. You can always ask here though :)

http://tutorial.math.lamar.edu/

I personally feel that videos can't match books. Hall and Knight's Algebra. S.L Loney's geometery and trignometery. Ultimate and classic books. No fun facts or anything. They will enhance your interest by genuine exercise and presentation.

I looked into getting the Hall and Knights Algebra and the SL Loneys books. I'm sure I will get them some time, but I don't currently have the money to buy the books. They look like good books though :)

Gilbert Strangs Linear Algebra and Basic Calculus

http://ocw.mit.edu/courses/mathematics/18-06-linear-algebra-spring-2010/

I picked up a copy of them for a few dollars on ebay - pretty dog-eared but complete. These are first year MIT courses and may be a bit tough (I seem to remember reading you were early teens) - but Prof Strang is a natural teacher and with the videos and the books you may well be able to keep up; will need some serious dedication tho!

Paul's Online Notes are great for calculus - but can leave you high and dry if you cannot fathom an idea needed to progress. You can always ask here though :)

http://tutorial.math.lamar.edu/

I never knew that MIT had those courses... And for free .pdf(I can print them out!!!) I also like that he has the videos. And also, I have run across Pauls Online Notes, when I need to reference something. I will use those as well to see what I know and don't know(for my programming, I learn what I need to know, so I have holes in my knowledge of the maths)

Thank you peoples for being such a help! :)

I do not like the notion that you can 'learn maths quickly'.

These books were written by real experts and are particularly suitable for self study or to enhance an existing course at your level.

I usually seem to end up recommending Oxford University Press publications and this situation is no exception.

Gardener : Discovering Modern Algebra : OUP

Ferrar : Mathematics For Science :OUP

Lambe : Applied Mthematics for Engineers and Scientists : English Universities Press (EUP)

Finally you will find Howard Anton's "Elementary Linear Algebra" or "ELA, Applications Version" better (IMHO) than Strang for your purposes.