Christian. Would you teach your child to use a scapegoat at school?

Greatest I am

All right, I refrain my previous comment on gays from this thread, so if anyone wants to discuss this then please make a new one on that topic (I might actually). Zapatos I was agreeing with you that it is insulting to make assumptions about people based on their group affiliation, but I was commenting that it wasn't a good connection to add in that the Irish are considered 'drunkards' (or the Poles are considered dumb or blacks considered lazy). I agree with your statements, but I disagree with some of your arguments.

From the Christian point of view, Jesus willingly sacrificed himself - which does not make him a scapegoat, but a martyr. It's a subtle, but important difference.

So to you, Jesus was just a martyr and not our saviour. He did not die for us at all.

All the Christians have it wrong then. Right?

Regards

DL

It is best to attack the reality of Christianity rather than attack strawmen.

Only those of little intelligence and morals will name this a strawman.

Regards

DL

In addition to the obvious strawman that this is, as pointed out by previous posters, there is another problem. Christians are called to follow the example of Christ. Jesus taught us to be self-sacrificing. If somebody takes my cloak, I am commanded to not deny them my coat either. I am commanded to love my fellow man, the ultimate demonstration of which is to lay down my life for them.

"Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13.

So in contrast, the exact opposite of Christians are expected. In actuality, we are expected to confess our sins and accept the responsibility for them. Nothing could be further from using a "scapegoat".

i John 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

Jesus is your scapegoat and if you take Jesus out of Christianity, then there is no Christianity. Even Paul said that.

Only lying Christians will say that Jesus was not a scapegoat.

Regards

DL

The essence of Christianity and similar religions is narcissism. Of course it's a deplorable view to accept a piece of superstition of such, and dress it up as a martyr for the forgiveness of their wrong doings.

What they seem to claim as selflessness I can only view as cowardice and darn right ridiculous.

Well technically God sacrificed his own human form to himself, and it very much had a religious significance, in the eyes of God.

God offered himself to God with the human sacrifice of God to allow God to forgive the sins God allowed to happen.

You see 20/20.

Regards

DL

God sacrificed his only son so we may be moved and fully understand the never ending limits to His forgiveness. It has always been about forgiveness (Hosea 6:6 & Matthew 6:19-21). Even if you live a life full of distrust, disbelief and misdirection yet you ask for forgiveness on the final second of the final hour, you will be forgiven. (Luke 23:43.)

Yet scriptures also say that the vast majority of us will end in hell or dead.

Only the really blind will see that as God's never ending limits to forgiveness.

It looks more like never ending hate. To those who look.

Regards

DL

Depending on who you are, Catholics never take The Bible literally and/or take The Bible too literally, because they have things about their religion that are not in any other religion that uses The Bible, but that's entirely based on personal belief. It is true that from a human view, all religion is is just personal chosen life-styles, and if you are religious, you believe that there is something driving you to be religious, whether it's a deity or a self knowledge or self enlightenment or you fill in the blank. However, you cannot say that since different Catholics have different personal beliefs makes them a non-existing religious group (and correct me if I misinterpreted that). If a Muslim, for instance, and not to sound discriminate, goes and joins a group of terrorist extremist Muslims, does that make him no longer a Muslim? It was a little wrong to connect someone being Irish to someone being Catholic, because it's like how people try to connect someone being gay to someone being black, it makes no sense (they didn't choose to be black, but they chose to be gay. They didn't choose to be Irish, but they chose to be catholic). BUT it is true that you can't disregard someone from part of a group of people just because of the personal decisions they make. It is insulting to them because you are taking away their identity because of their lifestyle. Sometimes this is necessary, however, because as most religions say, if someone is saying they are some religion, but never practice or preform any of the necessities of that religion, then they are lying to themselves. But as a general definition, it is insulting to say someone is not part of a religion because of their personal choices. Instead of just saying that they are wrong, however again, you can help them find out what they are doing incorrectly and try to help them to stop doing what they're doing wrong.

Exactly why I slant what I write to moral discussions. Christians tend to forgive their God even when found guilty though showing that the Christian religion will compromise the believers morals.

Even here, look at the Christians who have embraced human sacrifice instead of denouncing it as immoral and do not care if an innocent man was murdered or not as long as they can profit from it.

Regards

DL

!

Moderator Note

Greatest I Am,

We returned your posting privileges in this forum under the very strict condition that you abide by the rules to the letter. That includes our rules about insults. Unless you prefer we ban you, I suggest you exercise more caution when you post here in the future.