Is this idea correct?

vishnuyadavk

Hi all, i have just thought about a idea (dont know what to call it properly). just stick with me on this.

"Everything in this universe is defined in small words than it actually is". for eg: when banks place advertisements in tv they tell a lot less than what it actually is.

also when a new star is discovered it is just defined in small words than it actually is. this applies for everything i feel so.

and i have not come across any theory that states this idea. if it is already present my apologies.if not, please guide me what to do about it.

People don't want to waste time and energy describing a thing extensively. So searching for shortcuts.

See how it works in SMS and Internet. You don't have to write whole "In Mine Humble Opinion" everytime just IMHO and everybody knows what you have in mind.

Edited by Sensei

this seems to be thinking about shortcuts to understanding particular concepts.... what is the minimum amount of information needed to describe a particular event? This seems important in the art of impressionism. Of course, usually something is described to someone who has knowledge of it from previous associations. The new discription add details to a sort of "pre-fab" structure or stereotype of the subject in that general category. There is a rather subjective notion with a minimum, and becomes more objective, as the discription becomes fuller. I don't know of a particular name of the concept you are alluding to, but there is probably a philosophical analysis that touches on the subject. I will look in my philosophy book cliff notes and see if I can spot something...