Unnatural versus Natural

s1eep

When footprints are concerned, we are using our natural body parts to create them. When technology is concerned, we use words we have learned to hypothesise inventions. I'm not saying the use of plans or blueprints is wrong, only the words we use which abstract sound.

What a pile of crap. "Pile of crap" is not something requiring technology, of course — we humans have made piles of crap long before we used tools. And saying "pile of crap" references no technology whatsoever and uses our natural body parts to say it.

I think Arete nailed it — your whole argument smacks of hypocrisy, special pleading and subjectivity.

I hate to use the old lion and computer example, but it seems well put here. A lion is a natural being, whereas, a computer is an unnatural being. The same logic can be applied to humans and the word, one is natural, the other, being a man-made creation, is unnatural (i.e. egotistically formed around man; defined separate to nature).

None of that is logical. In fact, it's so ill-logical, it makes it seem like you're trolling for a reaction by saying it is. Comparing lions and computers with humans and words is ridiculous, nothing about the comparison makes any sense. While that dovetails nicely with your overall stance in this matter, it makes discussing the issue with you a low-yield endeavor.

You are not too optimistic about the future of nature, but I am very. I think we will one day evolve new abilities, abilities that could better entertain us or help us to survive. By being "good", and thus natural, we advance naturally.

You make a mistake assuming you know what I'm thinking beyond the words I've posted.

I think this is how things will turn out. You will decide to be true to your stance and sell everything you own, hitch a ride to a national forest, lose yourself in its vast and pristine wilderness, give up speech, and start living the way you think humans evolved to live. We will honor your commitment by saying nothing.

I, being extremely optimistic about the human ability to progress using every advantage evolution has given us (like all animals do), denying NOTHING that our natural abilities have discovered in the absolutely staggeringly beautiful and awe-inspiring universe we're very much a natural part of, will continue to learn and explore in a more FORWARD fashion. I'm convinced we are destined for space, and that this destiny will unite humans as a species, and focus our actions more wisely and efficiently, using our high intelligence, our opposable thumbs, our tools, our words, our cooperative nature and a sustainable approach to resource management to reach a reasonable balance in Earth's biosphere.

I'll be using my voice to pattern words that will inspire others to use their critical thinking skills, and help to further the very best that humans have to offer Earth. At the same time, I'll be working diligently to mitigate the worst of what our efforts create, in terms of environmental impact and unethical social practices. I'll be using scientific methodology to test every explanation for sound foundations and testable predictions.

I will continue to revere intelligence. I will continue to love learning. I will continue to be amazed at the resourcefulness and ingenuity and compassion humanity can muster when we try. I will continue to try.

None of that is logical. In fact, it's so ill-logical, it makes it seem like you're trolling for a reaction by saying it is. Comparing lions and computers with humans and words is ridiculous, nothing about the comparison makes any sense. While that dovetails nicely with your overall stance in this matter, it makes discussing the issue with you a low-yield endeavor.

You make a mistake assuming you know what I'm thinking beyond the words I've posted.

I think this is how things will turn out. You will decide to be true to your stance and sell everything you own, hitch a ride to a national forest, lose yourself in its vast and pristine wilderness, give up speech, and start living the way you think humans evolved to live. We will honor your commitment by saying nothing.

I, being extremely optimistic about the human ability to progress using every advantage evolution has given us (like all animals do), denying NOTHING that our natural abilities have discovered in the absolutely staggeringly beautiful and awe-inspiring universe we're very much a natural part of, will continue to learn and explore in a more FORWARD fashion. I'm convinced we are destined for space, and that this destiny will unite humans as a species, and focus our actions more wisely and efficiently, using our high intelligence, our opposable thumbs, our tools, our words, our cooperative nature and a sustainable approach to resource management to reach a reasonable balance in Earth's biosphere.

I'll be using my voice to pattern words that will inspire others to use their critical thinking skills, and help to further the very best that humans have to offer Earth. At the same time, I'll be working diligently to mitigate the worst of what our efforts create, in terms of environmental impact and unethical social practices. I'll be using scientific methodology to test every explanation for sound foundations and testable predictions.

I will continue to revere intelligence. I will continue to love learning. I will continue to be amazed at the resourcefulness and ingenuity and compassion humanity can muster when we try. I will continue to try.

Yes but you will also be wasting lots, and probably will make the grave mistake of ruining the home planet. If we are destined for space, why do we also have jobs like coffee shops, and why are we social creatures? You are stupid when you say that there is a human objective, if not to survive. You forget a major part of the general populous when you consider space exploration, and you put the lives of every man and woman at stake to satisfy your dreams. There is a more pressing issue on Earth that will consume us before we have the chance to inhabit another planet, your head is lost in the stars and planets, you are no scientist.