What happened to my 2 posts to Astronomy/Cosmology & News

I posted a link to BBC i player Perimeter Institute in Canada interesting findings on the birth of the Universe. This was a Broadcast on BBC 4 tv last night 3/3/2014 available for all as its an already broadcast Documentary.

I posted it to the astronomy section because the content was about astronomy and cosmology.

I also posted it to science news. As it was Very advanced Scientific thinkers . Showing Roger Penrose, Neil Thurok Lee Smolin, and many others with the latest news and views on cosmology.

My posts just disappeared ? Can they go back , they were dead interesting.

Mike

This was the link, http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00vdkmj/Horizon_20102011_What_Happened_Before_the_Big_Bang/

and can I put it in the Lounge as well, Everybody should know what is going on.

Mike

Edited by Mike Smith Cosmos

1. We don't allow duplicate threads on the same topic by members.

2. Your threads were simply advertisements to bump another thread - something we also don't allow.

As a result, they were deleted.

oh . I see. Well my main motive was to give the subject more exposure, I felt that although I introduced in down in my obscure thread....' about leaving an Island...' down in speculations , next to the trash can , not many people would come looking that way ! So yes I suppose I was Advertising , to get people to come and Look. Sorry !, Was not cognesant ( do not know how to spell it ) of that rule. Know I should read them , but.. ..

Am I allowed to do it as a new post , if i do not link it to my posts in speculation . But just have it as a Post/s [one in astronomy one in news ] in its own right. Say "Perimeter Institute in Canada has New Concepts on the Universes Beginning " then very brief intro from me. ( no mention of other posts I conduct) but with direct link into BBC i Player. How about that. . I will even call Myself Mike Smith 2 and claim the other guy is my brother, but we dont talk to each other. . or I could call myself Bill .. Bill Gates Yes or No ? Please .

:-This is the link in case you do it for me :-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00vdkmj/Horizon_20102011_What_Happened_Before_the_Big_Bang/

It wants to go on now though , as they only have them on for a week or two then they are removed

So if you are going to allow what I asked . Now would be a good time. My intro will only say sort of " Exciting new thoughts come out of an Offshoot of Princetown University " Perimeter Institute home of many august scientists researching the Cosmos ! Totally new Paradigm " something like that.

Mike Sorry again for the hassle .

Sorry !, Was not cognesant ( do not know how to spell it ) of that rule. Know I should read them , but.. ..

Cognizant.

!

Moderator Note

Someone with 1000+ posts isn't going to draw the same moderator ire for stepping across the line once, since there's a track record. But by the same token, anyone with 1000+ posts absolutely should not be pleading ignorance of the rules.

Do what? Post a link? You've posted two in this thread. How many more times do you need it to be posted?

i am asking for permission to post in astronomy and science news as described to hypervent-iodene above

all I need is a yes or no . this is an important one to me. but i do not want to be out of favor with the science forum .

I know you move about all over the place but many visitors go straight to their subject of interest ONLY. They probably would not be seen dead in speculations,next to a trash can , let alone someone trying to leave an indonesian island. going out into nowhere ! so I am asking for a spot in these 2 places not for myself but for the issue i itemised to hypervent -iodine above

mike

The link still exists in one of the places you posted it. http://www.scienceforums.net/topic/81748-moving-on-from-the-island-of-human-endevour/?p=794496

So, no, you may not post it again.

O.K

I presume I can refer to this post occasionally in discussions . so that people may refer to the bbc . horizon programme it will only last a couple of weeks any way

mike

You can put the link in your signature as well. Then all you need to do is post like normal.

ie. BBC Horizon: 2010-2011: What Happened Before the Big Bang?

Attempting to drive traffic using multiple posts on a discussion forum is generally seen in a negative light, regardless of the reason. Your signature, in contrast, is this nice little thing that follows every post you have ever made; where you can share a tastefully presented link to something that others may find of interest.