Did Jesus, really want a religion in his name?

dimreepr

Jesus may well have been a con man and accomplished stage magician. Steeped in stories of Moses outwitting Pharoh's magicians, he taught himself magic and fitting his act to prophesy and his patter to scripture, he took his show on the road. Think David Blain dazzling common folk on the street. Think phishers of men. He had a life of leisure as he lived off the good will of others. His carpentry skills served well to build stage props such as the false-bottom basket he used to perform the loaves and fishes 'miracle'. Likely some of the disciples were in on the game, but not all of them. No wonder the Sanhedrin were pissed. The crucifixion was just another trick. Things were getting hot so he payed off the Romans and staged his 'death'. Saw a lady in half, nail a guy to a cross. Ain't no thang. On the third day, he then cut and ran for India.

Well, so-called miracles Jesus were probably attributed to him after his death. St. Paul (the man who de facto created Christianity) did not know Jesus personally. But he was a zealous believer. When religious figures die, their disciples begin telling stories about them and their greatness, they attribute miracles and supernatural powers to their gurus. Then, with the passage of time, these stories become even more distorted. AFAIK the whole Old Testament was created this way.

Jesus may well have been a con man and accomplished stage magician. Steeped in stories of Moses outwitting Pharoh's magicians, he taught himself magic and fitting his act to prophesy and his patter to scripture, he took his show on the road. Think David Blain dazzling common folk on the street. Think phishers of men. He had a life of leisure as he lived off the good will of others. His carpentry skills served well to build stage props such as the false-bottom basket he used to perform the loaves and fishes 'miracle'. Likely some of the disciples were in on the game, but not all of them. No wonder the Sanhedrin were pissed. The crucifixion was just another trick. Things were getting hot so he payed off the Romans and staged his 'death'. Saw a lady in half, nail a guy to a cross. Ain't no thang. On the third day, he then cut and ran for India.

Well, so-called miracles Jesus were probably attributed to him after his death. St. Paul (the man who de facto created Christianity) did not know Jesus personally. But he was a zealous believer. When religious figures die, their disciples begin telling stories about them and their greatness, they attribute miracles and supernatural powers to their gurus. Then, with the passage of time, these stories become even more distorted. AFAIK the whole Old Testament was created this way.

I have no idea what your comment means in relation to my post. Probably nothing. :wacko:

You can spin it to mean what ever you want, I am not trying to debunk anyone he plainly said the people there with him would still be alive when he came back.

It clearly did mean those around him, there is no other way to spin that with out a falsehood and it clearly was not falsified by no one knowing the exact date and time. You can obfuscate the writings all you want but to say it means anything but what it plainly states is dishonest...

The rest of what you assert is meaningless in the context of what you are claiming. Obfuscation is the bread and butter of religion, then as it is now...

I'm sorry. I was not trying to mislead you or confuse you. I was really trying to show an example where the language is different; One, when the people right there in front of the speaker was the subject of the sentence and in the other, the people in front where not the subject of the sentence.

I will admit, there are many passages in The Bible which may seem misleading and/or confusing. How many times in our own lives we read/heard 'zig' when in reality it was 'zag'. Then when translations are brought into the mix... good grief... now we have debates over the meaning of 'Yom'!

Now, add into the confusion on 'free will' and 'possession' things are beyond muddled up. That's why its called faith and not science. John 20:29