Notebook battery acting strange

Function

Hello

I have a Dell Inspiron Mini 10, and since 2 days ago, the battery is acting very strange, and extremely annoying.

1. When the notebook is plugged in, it won't start. It will start when the cable isn't plugged in, and will continue its boot when I then plug in the cable.

2. With the cable plugged in and the notebook booted, there's a pretty annoying phenomenon:

• For about 16 seconds, the battery indicator indicates that the battery is charging (3% available (plugged in, charging))
  • After those 16 seconds, it suddenly jumps to 0% remaining (so not plugged in and not charging, according the the symbol) for about 7 seconds; this is accompanied by a verry annoying high-frequence sound. (The screen brightness is also much less then)
  • After the 7 seconds of non-charging, it jumps back to the 16 seconds of charging (which just stays on 3% available), making the annoying sound stop
  • And it continues to do this..

Yesterday, I managed to stop this annoying phenomenon, but don't ask me how... Can't remember.

So yesterday, in the evening, I shut down my notebook, which was to download updates, and now I experience the problem again.

Is my battery f*cked? How could I resolve this problem?

Thanks!

Function

UPDATE: just saw that the battery indicator now just holds on "3% available (plugged in, charging)", not doing the 'filling battery animation' (the symbol is static).

UPDATE 2 (UPD 1 +10 min): 4% charged

UPDATE 3 (UPD 1 +20 min): all the sudden: 100% charged

Edited by Function