The G Minor Blues

Daedalus

Well this year is definitely my year for writing music. "G Minor Blues" is my third composition since January and my first song to use blues scales, and I must say it's one of my finest works. It has seven independent and intertwining voices. ^_^

Enjoy!!!

Edited by Daedalus

• 4 weeks later...

Nice piece. I know from experience; putting orchestral pieces together is time consuming. I love the melodies and the generall force of the piece. Maybe try adding some dynamics into the piece, either by varying the volume of some of the lines, or by having different instruments taking the lead, i.e interweaveing the string and brass melodies with each other. I look forward to hearing more.

Nice piece. I know from experience; putting orchestral pieces together is time consuming. I love the melodies and the generall force of the piece. Maybe try adding some dynamics into the piece, either by varying the volume of some of the lines, or by having different instruments taking the lead, i.e interweaveing the string and brass melodies with each other. I look forward to hearing more.

I agree completely about the lack of dynamics. I'm am relatively new to Pro Tools. So, I am still learning all the controls. However, I am working with a professional recording studio, Evermind, in producing quality recordings of my music - dynamics and all. I'll keep you all posted on the progress.

Edited by Daedalus