Eye ailment a mystery

Braddock

Wondering if any of you might know whats up with me and my roommates eyes. In the past 3 weeks, we've both had very bloodshot eyes, Him twice. Its not pink eye. Theres no itching, no pain or any discomfort, Just extreme bloody eyes. Not really bloodshot, But what appears to be actual trauma to the eyes of blood pooling in the corners of blood. After a few days it clears up. Any ideas?

Have you both been fooling about lately,as in having right giggle fits joking.Especially with recreational drugs(cannabis).

I ask this because this could be a cause,its common to burst blood vessels in the eye this way.Although it doesnt require drug use,prolonged and intense laughing has the effects which you describe.

IF you can rule out Conjuntivitis conclusively, perhaps looking for a comonality or shared items, Airborne irritants, washing powder (especialy pillow cases and bedding), has there been any New item enter your home recently? any new Pets (even a short visit), things like that :)

does anyone else have it, Girlfriends or familly and such?

• 2 months later...
Wondering if any of you might know whats up with me and my roommates eyes. In the past 3 weeks, we've both had very bloodshot eyes, Him twice. Its not pink eye. Theres no itching, no pain or any discomfort, Just extreme bloody eyes. Not really bloodshot, But what appears to be actual trauma to the eyes of blood pooling in the corners of blood. After a few days it clears up. Any ideas?

Hi Braddock. I see this is a couple of months old. Have you or your room-mate had any more of this since posting?

Some possible causes:

1. Tired or fatigued eyes.

2. Too little sleep.

3. Chemicals in the air.

4. Vitamin A deficiency due to excessive drinking.

Some natural suppliments for eyes.

1. B complex, Vit A, E, C

2. Herbal "eyebright".

3. Essential oils such as Flax oil, borage oil (available in capsules) to keep your veins and arteries healthy, soft and plyable.

NOTE: Any side effects of a reasonable amount of the above suppliments should be all good! :cool:

I have seen people with bloodshot eyes as a result of swimming, I think it was a reaction to the chlorine in the water.

This is a good point and might be relevant to the fact that both were affected if both were swimming in the same pool. The toxic fumes from charcoal lighter fluid, smoke in campfires or charcoal burners are another possibility, especially if both were present in these conditions.