The Ego of Humans

s1eep

Wisdom is an aspect of life that I've followed with great devotion and success; over the last several years I've spent my time alone, using the internet to play online games and seek esoteric knowledge about life. I visited numerous forums about science, philosophy and religion, studying the characters with their own comments and theories, especially those I could understand. After a while, with my new found inspiration, I set out to write my own theories, most on a different route to the mainstream. Today I'm going to write an article about the human ego, with some experiences I've had on the topic.

I am a perfectionist, though, I am chaotic, and sometimes random. The biggest annoyance I've come across during my solitary pursuit is the common human and it's ego, and humanity's ego as a whole. People bloat about their social lives, jobs, riches, people upper converge as if they are Godly, and look upon the lower class with upper class hatred; they are not so different to thugs and thieves but with sugar coating-- the ego is but a veil on reality. Human reality is based on the human ego, humans makes the stark assumption that we are different to the original nature, an act of egoism is what separates use from the real world. People would not be able to work so efficiently without their egos, to be somebody is important. An expert should be respected, but his same belief is egotistical; the law should be obeyed, the police are prime examples of the power of egoism. The ego is a major factor of our reality.

Knowing this I have tried hard to keep myself away from the mainstream-- I don't trust most experts, but I take note of what they say, and make my own decisions. I act different to what is socially acceptable, and have esoteric beliefs. I've done a lot of personal study on words, I believe that they are a virus and cause us to spread death and destruction to the environment, and our species. I've noticed that they are the only thing that makes us individuals; without labels nothing is individual. A man may believe he is what he sees, then as far as he can see, is himself. This part of him is equally himself as his vessel. His work and his rest, himself. Thus, he and others form one, and not him alone. Without words we are part of a being greater than us, one that's beyond our comprehension. The family or the village is all that is in a wordless world; and knowing the self, it is wise to think for the family or village instead of the individual.

The question is, how is somebody, somebody, without labels?

You seem to have the right premises but the wrong conclusions!

There's no such thing as "humanity" without words. People are their beliefs and usually will end up being labeled accordingly. But they are not the labels or even the words we use to describe the person. You are what you think and do and this is the result of language and beliefs. There isn't necessarily a word that defines anyone and everyone is far more complicated than a single word.

Language reflects our understanding of reality but is not reality itself. Modern language can only reflect a clear understanding to the individual using it as thought and this understanding is exceedingly difficult or impossible to communicate to others because of its inherent weaknesses and ambiguities. Each individual will of necessity understand any utterance differently than all other individuals.

In a sense you might say you are what you do but what you do is driven by what you believe. As is always the case this is somewhat of an oversimplification but it is highly accurate for most perspectives of most behavior.

• 3 weeks later...

The question is, how is somebody, somebody, without labels?

I 've heard of humans being called social memory complexes, it seemed quite accurate to me.

Without ego's, i'm afraid we'd be drones, prone to abuse of the ones with ego, like animals are our drones now.

Wisdom is an aspect of life that I've followed with great devotion and success;

. I've done a lot of personal study on words, I believe that they are a virus and cause us to spread death and destruction to the environment, and our species.

You have 200 or so posts and a rep of minus 120 odd.

Looks like you are well placed to talk about ego.

You have 200 or so posts and a rep of minus 120 odd.

Looks like you are well placed to talk about ego.

Who cares about rep unless you're egotistical? I guess all it means is I'm brave enough to think outside of the box with my theories, and my ideas are too against the mainstream for you to give them good thought.

Who cares about rep unless you're egotistical? I guess all it means is I'm brave enough to think outside of the box with my theories, and my ideas are too against the mainstream for you to give them good thought.

Or. perhaps, you are just wrong a lot.

"There isn't necessarily a word that defines anyone"

I think you will find that the word "everyone" fits the bill quite nicely.

Or. perhaps, you are just wrong a lot.

"There isn't necessarily a word that defines anyone"

I think you will find that the word "everyone" fits the bill quite nicely.

Wrong based upon evidence that only supports a theory, not 100% proof of everything. Wrong because you are conformed to this kind of not 100% proof, and I wont conform. I want a theory of everything, not a complex theory made out of smaller theories, I believe that's anti-intelligence.

I still think you will find that the word "everyone" fits the bill quite nicely.

But it compresses the totality of everyone into a single word, and the illusion is that we are one, when in-fact we are many.

Wrong because you are conformed to this kind of not 100% proof, and I wont conform.

Do you understand the concept of statistical significance? There's no such thing as "100% proof" in science.

But it compresses the totality of everyone into a single word, and the illusion is that we are one, when in-fact we are many.

And that is exactly what you set out to do with a definition.

If I define mammals as; having live young; giving milk, and having hair I have defined all of them (pretty much) even though there are many of them.

You don't seem to be able to explain what you are asking or you don't seem to understand what you have asked..

In life there are some feats that we accept we cannot conquer, or that it will take us many lifetimes to conquer, and therefore perfection can never be attained. We can't travel to the far reaches of the universe because we do not have the technology to move that distance, so we will never have the perfect mind, having experienced everything there is to experience. We cannot reproduce things in mind in the same format as they are produced to us, and thus we can never truly understand what something means; we can at best disect it into smaller parts, and understand it but in accordance with our own egos. For example, water is known as 2 hydrogen, 1 oxygen atom, however, that is cutting water into smaller parts and understanding it's parts instead of it's reason or meaning, or, what it is truthfully. It does not exist for the resource plunder, and has merit beyond that of which we can understand because it has a different genius. We would have to know why water was created, only the water itself knows this answer, it is something other than resource, but it's not something we can understand. Truly, we can only ever understand ourselves and never understand another person fully-- no-one has a better picture of themselves than the person who is the self. We can rationalize, but again, the idea of knowledge is to comprehend something, and some things will always remain unknown.

I believe that perfection is possible, and us humans can build a greater reality than the one we have already. This is not using money or language, this is with a different more natural-friendly lifestyle. We wouldn't advance technologically, but instead we would move on with our own health and the health of the planet, putting trust in the planet to evolve and change our circumstances for the better. I'm talking dream worlds, all we need for a dream world is the same chemical reaction; perhaps this chemical reaction can be made through other means. A dreamy super-evolved world would be great, here anything is possible, and we would lead more fulfilling lives. I value the progression of the planet over the progression of humanity, and I think it was destined for greater things than humans. My example was the dream world, but there are plenty of abilities we and the world could evolve to have one day.

My question is, should humanity advance together, or should we advance with the Earth? And which one is destined for greater advancement, the Earth or humanity?

My question is, should humanity advance together, or should we advance with the Earth? And which one is destined for greater advancement, the Earth

False dichotomy. You assume we can't advance together as a species and advance with Earth in mind as well. Again, as with some of your other threads, you place your stance in direct opposition to mainstream societal norms and declare them all somehow wrong, and that your solution is the only obvious and viable one, yet have no reasons why except some vague hand-waving about words being evil.

Quite frankly, and I don't mean this personally, your stance sounds like "sour grapes". Perhaps you haven't found the success in life you feel you deserve, so you blame the system for being stacked against you and holding you back. Words have been used to hurt you, so you target them as bad, ignoring how they are a tool and can be used for good as well. You claim we should all give up technology and revert back to pre-civilized methodologies, yet give no viable mechanism or psychology for such a backward, counter-intuitive action. You just don't like modern society, so you think it should change to accommodate you.

What kind of survival skills do you have? Is this going to turn out that you've never even been camping, but you want everyone to give up their homes and live in "the wild" with you?

False dichotomy. You assume we can't advance together as a species and advance with Earth in mind as well. Again, as with some of your other threads, you place your stance in direct opposition to mainstream societal norms and declare them all somehow wrong, and that your solution is the only obvious and viable one, yet have no reasons why except some vague hand-waving about words being evil.

Quite frankly, and I don't mean this personally, your stance sounds like "sour grapes". Perhaps you haven't found the success in life you feel you deserve, so you blame the system for being stacked against you and holding you back. Words have been used to hurt you, so you target them as bad, ignoring how they are a tool and can be used for good as well. You claim we should all give up technology and revert back to pre-civilized methodologies, yet give no viable mechanism or psychology for such a backward, counter-intuitive action. You just don't like modern society, so you think it should change to accommodate you.

What kind of survival skills do you have? Is this going to turn out that you've never even been camping, but you want everyone to give up their homes and live in "the wild" with you?

You have the wrong idea, I'm simply someone who is obsessed with perfection, who would rather live in a true world rather than a fake one. I have no survival skills, but I'm not really thinking about my own life, instead, the lives of future children. Because you consume too much resource, I'm a little annoyed-- that's the only thing which makes me depressed.

You have the wrong idea, I'm simply someone who is obsessed with perfection, who would rather live in a true world rather than a fake one. I have no survival skills, but I'm not really thinking about my own life, instead, the lives of future children. Because you consume too much resource, I'm a little annoyed-- that's the only thing which makes me depressed.

Truth is subjective. Your "true" world sounds extremely fake to me, since it attempts to drag our development backwards with no good reason other than your vague and defeatist leanings. I see people living, loving, taking care of each other and progressing, while they try to do their parts to make our environment safe and healthy. I'm sorry you only see the bad and want to destroy all we've accomplished in your blindness.

You don't know me, so you don't know anything about what I consume or not. I'd appreciate it if you could avoid declaring things you know nothing about.

You say you're not thinking of yourself, but I can't help wonder why you want such a drastic change for people who obviously don't share your sentiments. That sounds pretty selfish, pushing your agenda on folks who love living in these times. Obsessive, I think you called it.

Perfection is a good goal, as long as you realize that a lot of good happens along with the bad when you strive for perfection. The key is being able to accept that bad things can happen right alongside the good, can even be caused by good things. Your view is far too black and white to appreciate all the nuanced experiences that our modern life is offering to those who don't just slap it away because of oversimplified labels.

I guess what I want people to do is be less egotistical. I told you I was obsessed with perfection; I'd rather there was no socializing with words, because I don't understand what it means to socialize, and talking seems so fake to me unless it's for intelligent reasons.

I guess what I want people to do is be less egotistical. I told you I was obsessed with perfection; I'd rather there was no socializing with words, because I don't understand what it means to socialize, and talking seems so fake to me unless it's for intelligent reasons.

1. You're obsessed with your own version of perfection.

2. You don't understand socializing so you want everyone to stop.

3. You think talking seems fake so you want everyone to stop.

4. You think most talking is unintelligent.

Given all this, how can you accuse EVERYBODY ELSE of being egotistical?! Your stance seems to need a bit of reflection. Mirrors are good for that.

No, I'm obsessed with THEE perfection. Allow me to explain my troubles; when writing an essay I absolutely must justify my writing, if not I can't see any good in my writing because it looks too imperfect-- that's not to say I don't see some imperfections as perfect, and sometimes that is exactly what allows me to finish a piece of unjustified writing. That's just one example, there're plenty. I'm someone that goes for appearances, when looking for love I can't help but aim the highest possible and I feel no attraction to anyone who is below average, though I don't care how my friends look. This is not me being egotistical, this is me being a little obsessed with perfection, even if perfection is subjective.

Talking is fake, people just say the most obvious response, or something that happened to them earlier, or something random. I could talk with you and then predict what you will say next (only when having friendly banter, not cases where the words being used for intelligence), because talking is so simple. Furthermore, most talk is based upon the ego-- you have a reputation to uphold; the structure and contents of your post is expressing the character you believe yourself to have-- it's not your character, it's completely fictional, it's a product of all the events you've experienced and labelled, all the things you've said and done, which can be reset, you could just forget about all of that and be less egotistical.

I don't understand what socializing is meant to accomplish apart from happiness.

Yet you feel fully qualified to declare that it's all fake. I'm pretty sure that's one of the definitions of egotistical.

No, I think that's insanity, but I'm not insane. I'm very calm with my beliefs, they don't control my life or my character.

The environment, and my body and mind (and possibly spirit). You may think "LOL.jpg he doesn't want to talk, what an idiot", but I also move, and sense, and do everything else I consider ABOVE THE WORD.

Edited by s1eep