Reverse aging medication

Popcorn Sutton

I've seen a somewhat recent "breakthrough" on YouTube. There were scientists who were experimenting on rats with enzymes that affect the extremities of DNA strands and have a repairing effect. What they've shown is that it seems to be reversing the aging process, but they don't want to make any extreme conclusions about it, let alone that it might actually be the holy grail of survival sciences. I didn't give it too much thought at the time, but someone contacted me earlier today in response to a craigslist posting.

He called himself a doctor and I gathered from the message that he's probably an older man, he said that he's wondering if I have any clients who may like to experiment with this "age reversing" product that supposedly gave him the ability to do 20 chin ups again.

I'm skeptical; I don't know what to think about it, but I'd love to see the results of this type of research ASAP.

Edited by Popcorn Sutton

If you really want to potentially live longer, walk more:

"Medical Xpress)—Scientists from Aston University have discovered a potential molecular link between Irisin, a recently identified hormone released from muscle after bouts of exercise, and the ageing process.

Irisin, which is naturally present in humans, is capable of reprograming the body's fat cells to burn energy instead of storing it. This increases the metabolic rate and is thought to have potential anti-obesity effects which in turn could help with conditions such as type-2 diabetes.

The research team led by Dr James Brown have proven a significant link exists between Irisin levels in the blood and a biological marker of ageing called telomere length. Telomeres are small regions found at the end of chromosomes that shorten as cells within the body replicate. Short telomere length has been linked to many age-related diseases including cancer, heart disease and Alzheimer's disease." http://medicalxpress...ogical-age.html

...and eat less:

"According to a study carried out by a team led by María Blasco, the director of the Spanish National Cancer Research Centre (CNIO) and head of the Telomeres and Telomerase Group, a sustained lowering of food intake over time results in an Increase of telomere length -- the ends of chromosomes -- in adult mice, which has a protective effect on the DNA and genetic material."

http://www.scienceda...30123133852.htm

Edited by StringJunky

Telomeres let the cell know when it's time to die.

Most of the time, if people talk about cells that don't die, they are talking about cancer cells.

I will stick with wrinkles thanks.

This is an excellent point and a cautionary tale with regards to extrapolating certain biochemical processes to organismal or phenotypic changes.

Just a complex situation involving metabolic activity, cellular damage and longevity.

Fairly easy to alter things but there can be consequences in doing so. At the very least I'd be asking what any one product does to account for the rest of the equation.

I think John Cuthber made an extraordinary point and I can't thank him enough for it. I was thinking about trying out the enzyme for myself, and I have heard from a few people who are already using it. I'm going to keep in touch with those people and see what happens to them before I use it myself. One guy is 31 and his face looks like he's 17 again in all honesty. I don't know how long he's been using it though.

Well guys, I've decided to try out the "telomere advantage". Wish me luck and I'll keep you guys updated on my status.

A poet once wrote

" Live is nothing but agony, I am most surprised of those who want more of it"

As one passed through one's extended life, via new age-enhancing science, one would find it's ultimately all the same old s**t but with different actors ...3 score and 10 or so years .is fine for me thank you very much! :)

Edited by StringJunky

A poet once wrote

Enoch said that long life comes with contentment;

6 Then shall they rejoice with joy and be glad,

And into the holy place shall they enter;

And its fragrance shall be in their bones,

And they shall live a long life on earth,

Such as thy fathers lived:

And in their days shall no sorrow or plague

Or torment or calamity touch them.'

There is extensive ancient writing about the tree of life which grows in the fountain of youth.

Of course so long as we believe the ancients were sun addled it's impossible to understand their words. So long as we believe we know everything it almost follows ancient people know nothing. The belief that they were sun addled and we are omnipotent makes it impossible to apply modern scientific precepts and findings to ancient sources.

If we knew far less we might have less distress.

Telomeres are involved in ageing but this is not the only issue. Epigenetic changes are becoming increasingly recognised. There are many people who take telomere enhancing supplements in the mistaken belief that they will live longer,

I will stick with wrinkles thanks.

Unfortunately, ageing does not only cause wrinkles but also urinary and faecal incontinence, loss of memory, crippling joint pain, etc. The quest to live longer is, in fact, a quest to eliminate age-related degeneration.

A poet once wrote

Did this poet get out of the way when a car (horse) was racing towards him? If he did, he was a hypocrite.

As one passed through one's extended life, via new age-enhancing science, one would find it's ultimately all the same old s**t but with different actors ...3 score and 10 or so years .is fine for me thank you very much! :)

I am guessing, you are not yet a 69 year old.

• 3 weeks later...

I just want to update my status on this subject. I was taking the telomere enzymes and felt at some point that I was abnormally "plastic". Also, I came down with a fever that lasted exactly one day and a soar throat that lasted for a week after the fever. Other significant factors may be that I recently had my dog sleep in the same room as me, and I drank heavily the day before I got the fever. I cannot explain the plastic feeling, but it may be placebo (relating to the shoestring analogy).