Need your help in work problem

Jay Sharma

Hello everyone my name is Jay and i m 16 year old and this is my first post

i m not able to solve this problem so can someone help me please

the question is as follows:-

Under the action of a force,a 2 kg body moves such that its position x as a function of time t is given by x=t3/3,where x is in meters and t in seconds.Work done i first 2 sec is??

a)1600J

b)160J

c)16J

d)1.6J

please help me with it

Thnx in advane

i m not able to solve it

Edited by Jay Sharma

according to me work done is force into displacement i have soled the question but not getting the answer according to the options

This question, like all your others, belongs in the homework section.

However the rules here are that you must show you working, right or wrong, to receive help.

So post your calculation.

Edit I think you need calculus for this one, have you done any?

Edited by studiot

You are told that the force causes the body to move along the x axis so that distance, x = t3/3.

Do you think this force is constant during this movement?

What do you know about the relationship between motion, distance covered, velocity and acceleration?

Do you know anything about the relationship between force, mass and acceleration?

If you do not know these things I will help, but why are you attempting this problem?

Edited by studiot

You are told that the force causes the body to move along the x axis so that distance, x = t3/3.

Do you think this force is constant during this movement?

What do you know about the relationship between motion, distance covered, velocity and acceleration?

Do you know anything about the relationship between force, mass and acceleration?

If you do not know these things I will help, but why are you attempting this problem?

yes according to me force is cont

the relation is s=ut+1/2at^2

f=ma

i know these and this was a question in my test so i want to solve it

Well the only way this is possible is for you to have misread the problem (or they wrote it down incorrectly)

Should you original statement have said

x = t2/3

that is time squared not cubed?

as u can see the question is right the time is cubed and i tried to sove it and got answer as 9/2and 16/9

so how can i do it ??