10^6 Zord

MrImpossible

I recently attened Dr. Michio Kaku presentation at my college (Jan. 23, 2014, 1800), as I stated in a thread we won't discuss I'm only a Programming student.

One subject he spoke of now has my curiosity, Savant Syndrome. Why? Today I went and bought a book (for fun) of "Fundementals of Physics". I'm not sure of the year it was published or the Author but I can say that the First Review question(s) of the First Chapter are word puns using the SI Prefix system, hence the title of this post. The first two chapters simply state equations to measure different things, such as distance, speed, etc. However, I have never had Calculus or Trigonometry but the moment I looked at the equation for figuring out Average speed I understood it, before I even read what the equation even was. Frankly, I felt a little freaked out.

Thinking back two years ago before I ever took a programming course, I was able to figure out an error within a game mod program that was causing an event not to happen. The error was that a character was supposed to come and talk to you at 25 counters... if you had more than the required amount the mod stopped working and you were stuck. I shouldn't have been able to figure this out without some prier knowledge of programming.

Nearly ten(ish) years ago my father bought me a drum set and got me lessons. Note: I'm out of practice so I can't do this now. After just four lessons I could have played Smash Mouth's "All Star". Currently I'm teaching my self to play the violin (twinkle twinkle little star, not there yet simply because I don't have proper instruction). I have no doubt that I can eventually learn to play though, thank you Lindsey Stirling.

This semester I'm taking Introduction to Statistics and I noticed that it's not difficult, kind of boring actually.

Over the course of my life I've had dozens of people/Teachers/Professors tell me I have great potential, they just don't know how to help me unlock it.

I'm not saying I am a Savant (looked it up I don't fit the criteria), more curious if I am. So my question is How can I test myself?

Like some of the people given as examples I lack proper social skills, but I'm slowly learning them.

I stand corrected... Asperger Syndrome, not Savant.

Quote: TV Character Dr. House "You're an idiot."

Edited by MrImpossible

I'm not saying I am a Savant (looked it up I don't fit the criteria), more curious if I am. So my question is How can I test myself?

I imagine you would need to see a mental health professional.