Dump of physical memory

Primarygun

Seldom.

OK, so it rarely says why it reboots, this is what made me say i think it could possibly be a virus... "seldom" means rarely, which by definition means that sometimes you do get a message, on this rare occasion you do get a message, what does it say?

I find often that computers that are used on the internet often, lots of programs installed on, removed, etc eventually need to be refreshed.

Much like a car, 3k miles you change the oil, 25k (my preference) i change plugs, and so on. Drive it for ever eventually you gotta change major stuff.

On the computer, sometimes the OS needs an overhaul. You can try fixing the registry one of the times it boots properly. It sounds like your running 98 or maybe me.

It would be very helpful in determining whats wrong if you could provide some more info about your machine, like;

Type, IBM, COMPAQ, model number

if its custom the specs about motherboard, cpu, ram, etc.

and what version of WINDOWS are you using? Like 98, NT, ME, XP

If you bought it from a big company there is likely a sticker with OS type and CPU on the case somewhere.

Just a random guess it sounds like you've got what I've come to call a clogged registry. Alot of programs do not get uninstalled properly, or leave behind small traces that bog down the loading process. Out of habit I simply reformat my OS drive about every 6 months and reinstall.

There are programs to fix it, and it might not be that at all. You may consider taking it to a local pc repair shop.

When Windows breaks, there is a simple procedure.

Back up your completely necessary data onto a secondary hard drive, networked computer, CD's, whatever.

Boot off of your windows installation CD. Choose to do a new install, formatting the hard drive and reinstalling all the files.

Copy your data back.

Tada, done.

You may also have a hardware problem, but I doubt it. You will know if the problem continues after reinstalling.

that memory size decrease just means that the amount of RAM has decreased from last time you used it, probably just because you were playing around with it... it means that the RAM that was there and working is not anymore, it must be something you've moved or taken out.

the photo of the BIOS settings, just because it says that memory slot 1 is not detected does not mean there's an error, all it means is that there's nothing working in slot 1, this could be because there isn't anything there at all! if you had a computer with 1 stick of RAM in slot 0, it'd say "slot 1, not deteced", doesn't mean there's an error, although its quite likely in this case because of your other pic.

have you formatted or reinstalled windows yet?

(if you dont want to format the whole HDD, you can select 'fix windows' if you boot from the CD, thats just a reinstal thing, no format involved, although its probably good to format whilst you are at it!)

what, you mean because of registries?

as i have 2 HDDs when i reinstalled XP i kept the second one with all my programs and files, its ok, some games wont autorun because it thinks they're not installed, so you just open the .exe file -- but then that's to do with the programs and you said there was problems with windows... so what did you mean?