Altering sence of balance electronically....

I read an article (can be found here ) that said that a japanese corporation was able to achieve 'ultimate force feedback' by altering the sense of balance using small electrical currents and a clip on electrode.

I have always wanted to integrate our body into the entertainment and games we play. I was wondering if anyone has an idea of how this would be achieved? I am a good electrician and programmer myself (although I am turning 15 in 2 days), and I have even build my own robot (not one of those rinkydink "build it yourself" kits, but I actually went down to a surplus store and bought all the IC's and stuff, soldered them on to a component board, and built myself a control interface for my robot). But I dont know how an electrical current would be able to intercept the nerve that sends balance information to the brain.

I would REALLY want to do this for science fair project. If anyone has any insights or info on how this works, please tell!

Cheers!

im guesing that it would just be lilke how a computer reads what we are typing and converts it to html and then back or a telephone can get electronic signals into sound .. you just have to decode the body's electrical signals

i just read the page and i figured that they have only desiphered a small bit of that "code" ;the balance part of it... i was once reely interested in enabling our brains to just think and input information.. i wanted to be the first person that would figure out exactly how and came up with this: you would need a device that reads the electrical signals of your brain to your body and the specific body parts.. also you would need to desipher the entire electrical mesaging code that makes certian parts of our body react (not so much the code itself but how it gets sent to what part of the body) within the past year i got a popular science mgazien that had a thing implanted in the back of a monkeys head that would "read its thoughts" and controle a joystick that would give it food... that killed all my plans because by the time i got into the field i figured they would get that down to a science and major breakthroughs would no longer be needed..