How to make upside down glasses

Lightmeow

I read somewhere last year that a scientist, for an experiment, made some glasses that turned his vision upside down. Then after about three weeks of weeks of wearing them, his vision switched, and when he was wearing the upside down glasses, his vision was normal.

I want to try that experiment. Does anyone have any ways to make them?

Thanks

Joshua

PS, I am doing this no matter what. Even if you peoples say I shouldn't, I still will. I think that it will make life interesting. Doing this endangers my life in no way, so I will do it!!!

Edited by Lightmeow

Design-wise it is pretty simple. Block out anything not upside down while looking through a mirror set up or a couple of prisms with the right shape.

~$25 ones:

http://www.psychkits.com/inversion_goggles.html

That link has the basic specs too. Might be able to work based off that. Odd cut for a prism though, might cost.

Normally Instructables has good stuff, but I'm not seeing anything really reasonable there.

Edited by Endy0816

PS, I am doing this no matter what. Even if you peoples say I shouldn't, I still will. I think that it will make life interesting. Doing this endangers my life in no way, so I will do it!!!

Ah - the impetuosity of youth. So brilliant and so silly all at once smile.png

And just for form's sake - don't do this experiment; it's a bloody silly idea for a young person to attempt. And secondly - it's been done and the result was not controversial. Do something new!

Ah - the impetuosity of youth. So brilliant and so silly all at once smile.png

And just for form's sake - don't do this experiment; it's a bloody silly idea for a young person to attempt. And secondly - it's been done and the result was not controversial. Do something new!

Haha love it!! I say do it. I remember hearing about the experiment when I was young and wondering what it would feel like. Only one way to find out!

Maybe I'll be wrong on this but i think if you turn upside down the left eye and upside down the right eye, the resulting image in the brain (which is an overlap of the 2 eyes) will be wrong. What you have to do IMHO is to take the upside down image from the left eye and send it to the right eye, and reversely take the upside down image from the right eye and send it to the left eye. IOW you must make a rotation 180 degrees.

Edited by michel123456

If you take the lenses out of a pair of binoculars you end up with "upside down vision".

I shall try that.

Maybe I'll be wrong on this but i think if you turn upside down the left eye and upside down the right eye, the resulting image in the brain (which is an overlap of the 2 eyes) will be wrong. What you have to do IMHO is to take the upside down image from the left eye and send it to the right eye, and reversely take the upside down image from the right eye and send it to the left eye. IOW you must make a rotation 180 degrees.

And hopefully this isn't the case.