Notifications

You should be able to change the settings here: http://www.scienceforums.net/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=core&area=notifications

Not sure if you can get notifications for people responding to your threads specifically. I suppose if you set it up to notify you for when someone responds to a thread that you follow?

What is the:

Notification method to use for followed topics daily/weekly digests

Would that be a blog?

And for the Private Messages,All of the boxes were checked off when I got on, and I am not getting notified. I guess I will wait for another one before I jump to any conclusions. I also checked the box that said auto follow threads that I reply to, but there was nothing about auto following a thread that I made, and I find that strange.

No, that's a daily email that sends you updates on the various sections of SFN that you follow. IIRC, it will give a quick update on new posts in any hot threads or tell you about new threads that have popped up. I liked it when I was a regular member. When I became a mod I got automatically signed up to follow every forum we have and at about 10 am each morning, my phone would spend 5 minutes having a fit while it downloaded the 20 or so SFN daily digest emails. Then we changed software and the SFN Gods relieved me of this burden; I've never looked back since.

Oh, well now that would be telling.

But seriously, yes. Res Experts have access to all the normal forums plus the top secret Res Experts forum. Moderators have all that, a bunch of staff forums where we discuss plans for world domination and the cheese nip cupboard. There's also a super secret dungeon area that Phi for All created after a staff Christmas party one year, but trust me when I say you do *not* want to know what goes on down there.