Can life exist of Pluto ??

Rajnish Kaushik

ok so i will google it

Googling it isn't a solution. Science usaully isn't scientific facts that you memorise for every instance. You use logic to reach conclusions.

Lets use the scientific method:

First, do you think there could be life as we know it on Pluto?

Just answer the question, yes or no, then give a fact to back up your hypothisis. And saying yes, because their life support systems could be different isn't an answer. Use something you know to reach how you get there. Don't use any what if's.

Can any members see were I am going with this way...

Googling it isn't a solution. Science usaully isn't scientific facts that you memorise for every instance. You use logic to reach conclusions.

Lets use the scientific method:

First, do you think there could be life as we know it on Pluto?

Just answer the question, yes or no, then give a fact to back up your hypothisis. And saying yes, because their life support systems could be different isn't an answer. Use something you know to reach how you get there. Don't use any what if's.

Can any members see were I am going with this way...

ok i understood :(

Since Rajnish is interested in "hypothetical types of biochemisty" he should take a look at Wiki:

"Hypothetical types of biochemistry are forms of biochemistry speculated to be scientifically viable but not proven to exist at this time. While the kinds of living beings currently known on Earth commonly use carbon for basic structural and metabolic functions, water as a solvent and DNA or RNA to define and control their form, it may be possible that undiscovered life-forms could exist that differ radically in their basic structures and biochemistry from that known to science.

"The possibility of extraterrestrial life being based on these "alternative" biochemistries is a common subject in science fiction, but is also discussed in a non-fiction scientific context......."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alternative_biochemistry

The bottom line is alternative biochemistries may be possible but seems unlikely. Follow the water. Can liquid water exist anywhere on Pluto? Maybe deep beneath the surface it is warm enough for water to exist in a liquid state. They are probably going to find life deep beneath the surface of Mars.