Can life exist of Pluto ??

Rajnish Kaushik

i googled it but no use

Then I guess it's time to use that brain of yours! Try breaking the question down a bit more. It has asked you whether or not life could exist on Pluto, so you should be asking yourself what sorts of things help support life where life does exist (i.e. Earth). Can you maybe write a small list of the important factors that make the Earth so hospitable to living creatures? For instance, the proximity to the sun might be one thing.

Please reply and justify your answer

Please tell me if you are just looking to repeat what you have been told to get a grade or if you want to think outside the box. Hypervalent_iodine is correct in that you need to work this out for your self, if this is just a standard class then stick to the scientific mainstream but I can lead to some info that will allow you to go outside the box but I will not do your homework for you... Your grade level would be a good thing to know as well...

We are assuming that the life out there is carbon based. We are also assuming that they need three key elements to survive. You are right about trying, as I understand it, thinking that there could be different types of life forms, i.e., maybe an intelligent rock, but you can't think that in this context. Think about what humans need to have to live, then, look at Pluto, and compare it with that. Then use logic to think up of if there could be life there.

NOW REMEMBER, IT IS LIFE AS WE KNOW IT!!! Also, assume that they have everything we have, so their life support systems would be like ours. You will be chasing your tail thinking like you are.

Think about these factors:

Look up the temperature range, atmospheric pressure and atmospheric composition of Pluto and compare it to Earth. See if there is any similarities and what organisms might possibly survive...if they can.

So StringJunky is saying see what the temp of Pluto is, compare it to earth, and do that for the rest.

but there life can be nitrogen based or helium based and they require cold and dark environment to survive!

You aren't listening to what people are saying to you. Assume that the question is asking you about the life that we already know, not any other type of life we don't know about. Do you think Pluto could support, say, a rabbit? Why or why not? What about anerobic bacteria (as another example)? What is it about the Earth that allows organisms to live and thrive on it?

You aren't listening to what people are saying to you. Assume that the question is asking you about the life that we already know, not any other type of life we don't know about. Do you think Pluto could support, say, a rabbit? Why or why not? What about anerobic bacteria (as another example)? What is it about the Earth that allows organisms to live and thrive on it?

can you please simplify it i am just an 14 year old boy frown.gifwacko.pngconfused.gifconfused.gifsad.png

can you please simplify it i am just an 14 year old boy :-(:wacko::confused::confused::(

I don't know how much simpler I could possibly make it for you, I'm sorry.

Maybe we could try a different approach. Go to Google and come up with a small list that outlines some key differences between the Earth and Pluto. Have a look at what kind of atmospheres they both have, if any, how close to the sun they are, how hot or cold they are, etc. Copy it into the thread when you're done and we can go from there.