The False Impression of Matter in Space

My question is that of the title (among others..).

Yes, I know you have to have matter to have the effects of matter, but what are some theoretical ways that you can create the same effects without the matter?

Other questions, which I find conflicting material on but wish to know the correct answer.

1. Matter v. Anti-mater

--- They repel each other? Or they are in a way like photons v. photons and do not interact with each other, except in extreme circumstances.

2. Space

--- Space and Space-Time (or just time if you prefer) are undoubtably linked. Matter creates warps in them both. Enough matter can create warps so strong that space and space-time warp back on themselves(How is that accomplished?), and like wise an opposite thing happens when you use Anti-Matter, that is, you can create those same dilations (Rather than space/time bending around it, it bends towards it?).

My original question poses my next question and others following suit (as well as causing the preceding).

3. Would it be easier to create a Matter-Based space dilation or an Anti-Matter-Based space dilation?

In this sense, dilation meaning that the space/time is being bent back on itself.

4. Assuming that Matter and Anti-Mater behave similarly to magnetic poles (yet inversely).....that they repel each other and attract themselves

--- Would the only way to gather/confine Anti-Matter would be to create a "wall" or "hollow sphere" of great mass around Anti-Matter and then shrink it to further confine the Anti-Matter?

5. Assuming the photonic interaction of Matter and Anti-Matter

--- What would be the best way to gather great amounts of Anti-Matter?

I realize that this is a bit much for my first post. But I do have the thoughts and questions and would love for them to be answered with references to provide proof.

Thank you for your time if you so choose to answer.

Edited by ninjanautsi

My question is that of the title[, "The False Impression of Matter in Space,"] (among others..).

Yes, I know you have to have matter to have the effects of matter, but what are some theoretical ways that you can create the same effects without the matter?

The wording of your post suggests that you have more to say than stated here. I shall answer, to the best of my ability, as if you truly want to know what physicists teach. If my answers are incorrect someone will correct me. Then we'll see where this thread goes.

Matter is a word or icon for properties that physicists have observed either directly or with instruments (e.g., an atom smasher). However, matter is not a very specific term, it refers to many different things, including molecules, atoms, and subatomic particles such as electrons, protons, neutrons, and quarks. In other words, your question is not very specific. To fully answer it would require more words than can be written in this response, it might be done in a series of textbooks. I'm not really sure, because I am not qualified to answer such a wide ranging question.

Although scientists have studied and cataloged many attributes of mass and classified it in the periodic table and the standard model; there are many unknown things scientists are still working to understand. One leading contender is M-theory; though, M-theory is merely a speculation or hypothesis and technically is not a theory.

Your statement that there is a False Impression of Matter in Space appears to suggest some kind of conspiracy to mislead the public. However, scientists IMO agree that they do not know what matter is. Moreover, they have observed things either directly, for example gold is yellowish, or with instruments, gold is heavier than lead, and they have published their observations with as much accuracy and integrity as possible. The accuracy and integrity is part of publishing results, because someone, for example yourself, will challenge anything that is incorrect. It is the nature of challenges that disputes occur and sides are taken. Rarely, does everyone say, "Aha! That's right, we have been wrong all along." The winning ideas are the ones that most people agree with. Sometimes disputes drag on for many years. For example, the Higgs Boson was postulated about 40 years before it was found during a Large Hadron Collider experiment.

Other questions, which I find conflicting material on but wish to know the correct answer.

1. Matter v. Anti-mater

--- They repel each other? Or they are in a way like photons v. photons and do not interact with each other, except in extreme circumstances.

It depends, matter and anti-matter are not one thing; they are many things. An electron and its anti-particle will attract because the electron is negatively charged and a positron is positively charged. The anti-photon is merely a photon; they neither attract nor repel.

2. Space

--- Space and Space-Time (or just time if you prefer) are undoubtably linked. Matter creates warps in them both. Enough matter can create warps so strong that space and space-time warp back on themselves(How is that accomplished?), and like wise an opposite thing happens when you use Anti-Matter, that is, you can create those same dilations (Rather than space/time bending around it, it bends towards it?).

I don't know what you mean by "warp back on themselves" means. Please give a reference.

3. Would it be easier to create a Matter-Based space dilation or an Anti-Matter-Based space dilation?

In this sense, dilation meaning that the space/time is being bent back on itself.

I don't understand the question.

4. Assuming that Matter and Anti-Mater behave similarly to magnetic poles (yet inversely).....that they repel each other and attract themselves

--- Would the only way to gather/confine Anti-Matter would be to create a "wall" or "hollow sphere" of great mass around Anti-Matter and then shrink it to further confine the Anti-Matter?

Particles are often confirmed in collider experiments (e.g., the Large Hadron Collider) by observing particles reacting with other particles and watching as the move through fields of gravity, magnetism, and static electricity, but there are other instruments, too.

5. Assuming the photonic interaction of Matter and Anti-Matter

--- What would be the best way to gather great amounts of Anti-Matter?

I don't know. A large amount of antimatter is dangerous if it is anywhere near matter. Edited by EdEarl

1. Matter v. Anti-mater

As far as is known, matter and anti-matter behave identically as far as gravity is concerned. There is no particular reason to think otherwise, but the Alpha experiment at CERN is aiming to test this.

http://alpha.web.cern.ch/

Enough matter can create warps so strong that space and space-time warp back on themselves

Don't know what that means.

and like wise an opposite thing happens when you use Anti-Matter

Given that matter and antimatter (are expected to) behave identically with respect to gravity, then they curve spacetime identically.

4. Assuming that Matter and Anti-Mater behave similarly to magnetic poles

No reason to assume that. Other than the fact that they have opposite charge - when they have charge. Neutrinos and antineutrinos are both uncharged.

What would be the best way to gather great amounts of Anti-Matter?

It is hard. See the Alpha experiment, for example.

Edited by Strange

Matter and anti-matter both have the property of mass, and since it is impossible to have negative or anti-mass, they both behave gravitationally similarily.

Matter and anti-matter may ( but don't have to ) both have the property of charge, and would behave electromagnetically in a similar fashion, ie, like charges repell, opposite charges attract.

Matter and antimatter, whether composite or elementary ( such as protons or quarks ) have colour properties and so interact via the strong nuclear force similarily.

The only instance of dissimilar behaviour between matter and anti-matter is the weak nuclear force where chirality or 'handedness' is not symmetric.