Odds and Sods

Mike Fuller

I don't truly grasp this paper called CTMU ( The Cognitive Theoretical Model of the Universe ) by Chris Langdon ( The person described as 'The Smartest Man in America!!! ). It envolves I think some of Einstien's Special Theory of Relativity. How our own grasp of reality is different in space-time to other peoples, or something like that. Langdon boasted his theory is up there with Newton's and Einstien's work in terms of greatness!!! His I.Q. is believed to be between 185 and 210!!! I personally think the work of Steven Wisenberg
( b.1933 ) and Ed Witten is perhaps more profound and inspirational!!! But Langdon certainly is very, very clever!!!

Byron's I.Q.

Lord Byron ( 22 / 1 / 1788 - 19 / 4 / 1824 )
English Poet and Politician

Byron was one of the most intelligent of all poets!!! As intelligent as the top Mathematicians, Physicists and Philosophers of his day!!! His I.Q. has been estimated on the Cox Index ( The most extensive research into the I.Q. of past genius ) to be about 180!!! which due to the Flynn Effect would corrolate now to be about 158!!! The Cox Index I.Q. ratings are based on the Stanford-Binet scale.
On this scale 132 is Mensa illegibility level, and 145 'Genius' level. The latter is
about 1 / 400 Byron's I.Q. today in 2013 is almost 1 / 7000. There are only about
1 Million people this clever today!!! Goethe ( 1749 - 1832 ) said that "Lord Byron is great only as a poet, as soon as he starts to reflect he is as a child. But in terms of deeply moving poetry, there is no one to match him!!! The Poet, Critic, and Philosopher Samuel Taylor Coleridge ( 1772 - 1834 ) has had an I.Q. figure attributed to him of 175 on the Cox Index!!! Yet he was argubley a greater mind than Byron, although perhaps not as great a poet. He had a universal knowledge unequalled by any thinker of his day!!! He was an opium addict and is believed to have been bi-polar. He is considered to be the greatest intellect of the English romantic movement!!! He also coined the phrase 'Suspension of Disbelief' and used the longest word in English Literature!!! Goethe was described as 'The prince of the mind', 'The last true renaissance man' and 'The last person to know everything' ( He literary obsorbed all the knowledge he could wish for ). He also had a used vocabulary of about 50,000 words!!!, twice Shakespeare's!!! ( 1564 - 1616 ). 3,000 words is a good vocabulary!!!. Goethe's I.Q[/size]. has been estimated on the Cox Index to have been about 210!!! This corrolates due to the Flynn Effect to be about 187 today!!! I feel pleased there are such minds who I look on with amazement. My I.Q. is in the 'Above Average' range, although I have scored much more and less!!!

Attached are 3 Modern Polymaths. ( People who have been called 'Polymaths' ). I have compiled a much longer list, but have reduced it down to just three names, having shared it with people and friends!!!

I don't truly grasp this paper called CTMU ( The Cognitive Theoretical Model of the Universe ) by Chris Langdon ( The person described as 'The Smartest Man in America!!! ). It envolves I think some of Einstien's Special Theory of Relativity. How our own grasp of reality is different in space-time to other peoples, or something like that. Langdon boasted his theory is up there with Newton's and Einstien's work in terms of greatness!!! His I.Q. is believed to be between 185 and 210!!!

Amazing the way he shares those properties with the similarly named Chris Langan. And it is Einstein.

I personally think the work of Steven Wisenberg ( b.1933 ) and Ed Witten is perhaps more profound and inspirational!!! But Langdon certainly is very, very clever!!!

Byron's I.Q.

Lord Byron ( 22 / 1 / 1788 - 19 / 4 / 1824 )

English Poet and Politician

Byron was one of the most intelligent of all poets!!! As intelligent as the top Mathematicians, Physicists and Philosophers of his day!!! His I.Q. has been estimated on the Cox Index ( The most extensive research into the I.Q. of past genius ) to be about 180!!! which due to the Flynn Effect would corrolate now to be about 158!!! The Cox Index I.Q. ratings are based on the Stanford-Binet scale.

Frankly I would rate Byron's daughter and her friend Babbage far higher than Lord George Gordon - he did what others have done before to an astonishing but not unique level; whereas Ada Lovelace and Charles Babbage did new and marvellous things in completely uncharted water.

On this scale 132 is Mensa illegibility level, and 145 'Genius' level. The latter is about 1 / 400 Byron's I.Q. today in 2013 is almost 1 / 7000.

"Mensa illegibility level" - is that why those oh-so-intelligent doctors have such bad handwriting? IQs are fragile enough when tested methodically in the present day - but extrapolation of dead celebrities' IQs is vacuous.

. There are only about 1 Million people this clever today!!! Goethe ( 1749 - 1832 ) said that "Lord Byron is great only as a poet, as soon as he starts to reflect he is as a child. But in terms of deeply moving poetry, there is no one to match him!!! The Poet, Critic, and Philosopher Samuel Taylor Coleridge ( 1772 - 1834 ) has had an I.Q. figure attributed to him of 175 on the Cox Index!!! Yet he was argubley a greater mind than Byron, although perhaps not as great a poet. He had a universal knowledge unequalled by any thinker of his day!!! He was an opium addict and is believed to have been bi-polar. He is considered to be the greatest intellect of the English romantic movement!!! He also coined the phrase 'Suspension of Disbelief' and used the longest word in English Literature!!! Goethe was described as 'The prince of the mind', 'The last true renaissance man' and 'The last person to know everything' ( He literary obsorbed all the knowledge he could wish for ). He also had a used vocabulary of about 50,000 words!!!, twice Shakespeare's!!! ( 1564 - 1616 ). 3,000 words is a good vocabulary!!!. Goethe's I.Q[/size]. has been estimated on the Cox Index to have been about 210!!! This corrolates due to the Flynn Effect to be about 187 today!!! I feel pleased there are such minds who I look on with amazement. My I.Q. is in the 'Above Average' range, although I have scored much more and less!!!

The silliness of the IQ ratings aside it is hard to look past Goethe in that era - although the Philosopher Mary Wollstonecraft might be said to have had the greatest llasting influence.