Dative

farah123

Did you mean H5O2+?

Ions exist in solids and solutions (or in vacuum before they meet matter). In water, H+ is always hydrated many times (I have 3 to 5 times as a mean in memory, could be wrong). So H3O+ is already too short; rather a reminder the some H2O must be accounted if H+ goes in a different compound.

I think he means putting two additional protons onto a water molecule.

If I was convinced it wasn't a homework question, I would post an answer.

Remind me in a week (I guess homework would have to be handed in to the teacher by then)

John i promse you that it's not a homework, i have an exam tomorrow and i still don't know the answer i need, so please ?

Did you mean H5O2+?

Ions exist in solids and solutions (or in vacuum before they meet matter). In water, H+ is always hydrated many times (I have 3 to 5 times as a mean in memory, could be wrong). So H3O+ is already too short; rather a reminder the some H2O must be accounted if H+ goes in a different compound.

No not exactly, i mean H4O that has a charge of 2+, you know the dative bond and the pair of electrons ? That's my question.

Edited by farah123

To make H4O ++ you would need to get H+ to stick to H3O+ and the electrostatic repulsion between the two positive charges makes that very unfavourable.

Thank you, unfortunately i already had my exam, but seriously thank you.

Edited by farah123