Humans Disrespect Nature

s1eep

Please don't do this. If you have a point, make it yourself and then link to your relevant sites. This way, you're asking us to sift through the links to glean your meaning without knowing why you want us to.

Current discussion processes work better than current telepathic processes.

Please don't do this. If you have a point, make it yourself and then link to your relevant sites. This way, you're asking us to sift through the links to glean your meaning without knowing why you want us to.

Current discussion processes work better than current telepathic processes.

Those are examples of how humans disrespect nature.

Those are examples of how humans disrespect nature.

My opinion is that these do not show that we humans disrespect nature. We disrespect nature in many other ways. But we are part of the food chain. We are omnivores.

The meat paradox: how we can love some animals and eat others

We eat meat (of course also plants). And it is also true that animals may also eat us but that is rare. We really have no natural predators after us.

The food chain IS nature and we are part of it.

Humans live in a finite environment, but humans waste vast amounts of the available resources. There are over one-hundred million cars on the roads around the world at one time, burning fuel into the atmosphere--not only are we polluting the air, but we are siphoning valuable oil resource that had natural functions; we also waste in other ways. Humans are abstracting the Earth to be using all this resource that powers their reality. Why is nature foolishly overlooked? We deal damage that wont heal and that causes future humans to suffer, the healthy habitat we live in Today is a desolate wasteland tomorrow; in a few hundred years, maybe even less, humans may be forced into cannibalism because of lack of resources. Our resources will run out or the condition of the planet will get worse, so why do we persist in this erroneous wasting?

I agree completely some animal species, foul up their own nests, but we humans have taken it to the next level, where we have to exist in our own fouled up nest, which could result in our extinguish, if we don't very quickly clean up our act.

My opinion is that these do not show that we humans disrespect nature. We disrespect nature in many other ways. But we are part of the food chain. We are omnivores.

Do you have any evidence for your assertion that we are omnivores? Any knowledge of neuroscience?

We eat meat (of course also plants). And it is also true that animals may also eat us but that is rare. We really have no natural predators after us.

The food chain IS nature and we are part of it.

You actually eat animals. Meat is a made up word so you can disconnect the animal from your mind that you would and could never kill up close yourself.

Of course we are part of the food chain; when did I say we weren't? Also we are near the middle of the food chain with the elephants. wink.png

Do you have any evidence for your assertion that we are omnivores?

Well "we" is presumptive, but humans in general are omnivorous eating both meat and plants.

You also may not need to kill an animal to obtain it anymore, so meat is the correct term.

Edited by Endy0816

You actually eat animals. Meat is a made up word so you can disconnect the animal from your mind that you would and could never kill up close yourself.

I actually love hamburgers. Ops, I mean I love pulverized dead cow muscles on a bun.

Yes, yummy, yummy pulverized dead cow muscles on a bun. tongue.png

I never realized meat was a made up word but I don't care what it's called I love meat.

Edited by BusaDave9

Do you have any evidence for your assertion that we are omnivores? Any knowledge of neuroscience?

Of course we are part of the food chain; when did I say we weren't? Also we are near the middle of the food chain with the elephants. wink.png

Cutting canine teeth and grinding molar teeth are evidence of an omnivorous "design" for humans (whether that's from God or evolution).

I grew up in farming country- do you really imagine I don't know what meat is or that I couldn't slaughter animals if I needed to?

We are not near the middle of the food chain. For almost all humans, we don't expect to get eaten so we are at the top of that chain.

I live in the North of England and quite a lot of the territory here is cold, wet and hilly.

It's' difficult to grow anything but grass, and people don't have the stomachs needed to digest grass.

So the only way for people to farm here is to get other animals- typically sheep) to eat the grass, then we eat the sheep.

If you study sheep you will notice that they spend practically all day eating.

Humans, even if there were "better" food would also have to do that if we were scrabbling about for fruit and roots.

That would mean that we wouldn't have time for study.

Eating meat lets us leave the mundane activity of gathering calories to something else while we do the interesting stuff like culture, science and so on.

If our ancestors didn't eat meat, you wouldn't have a computer.

Edited by John Cuthber

I agree we humans are right at the top of the food chain, unlike other animals we kill needlessly calling it sport, taking huge chunks out of nature, cutting down billions of trees and never replacing them, leaving what we don't use as rubbish to foul up the the environment, concreting over otherwise fertile land making it useless for anything but walking on. We are the only animals to suffer from extreme morbid obesity, half the food we produce is thrown away rotten.

Take USA and South Africa, before human so called civilization invaded these beautiful countries ,great animals roamed the land free within a harmoniously community of others animals. In my country, previously abundant in wild life, throughout the whole of the area within its borders, to now see these animals, you have to go to the few tiny parks that have retained them and prevented them from complete slaughter to the point of extinction by the 'Great white hunter'

We rape the land with huge open cast mines, leaving an ugly scar that can be seen from space. We are the only species that murder each other by the million in what we call war , I know some will say chimps do this also, but their tiny wars compared to unspeakable evil wars of humankind, are like comparing the bite of a mosquito to that of a dinosaur.

In some ways we humans resemble the virus, killing the very thing that gives us like, cutting off the hand that feeds us , breading like rabbits. Somehow we are all going to pay for our combined misuse of nature, as one should know 'there is no free lunch'

• 1 month later...

I'm not sure if I have used the QUOTE button correctly. I've never tried before. Dekan, is it? I am gobsmacked that you are so happy to openly display so much ignorance in so many fields, in your sweeping and laughable comments.

It was commonplace for Europeans to stand or squat by roadsides, to defecate, in centuries past. Male and female. Certainly well into the 19th century. We also used chamberpots, during the night, or in cold, and in morning, in the cities, towns and villages, we threw it, often from bedroom windows, out into the road our houses fronted.

The French had a well known yell of warning, when chucking the contents of their chamberpot, from above, into the street. The Royal French Court was infamous for STINKING of stale urine, as courtiers p*ssed against palace walls. In France, the custom carried on well into the 19th century, so that if you travelled and actually had knowledge of history, you would see, STILL in use, PISSOIRS, usually decorative, ornate wrought iron streetside places for men to continue to p*ss in the street, many made in the late 19th century, now set up with drainage, etc Often, they are only shielding passers by, from the sight of urination, by a decorative piece of iron, at low chest height, to knee height, if lucky.

Regency Dandies in London, would often pay to be carried home in chairs, lifted by 2 men, holding the chairs off the ground by poles, so they wouldn't have to walk in old, raw sewage, lying in puddles on the street.

There are so many ridiculous, ignorant claims in your loony declarations, I can't remember them, to actually address them. I believe there is a thread listed here, IS IGNORANCE BLISS?. I suggest that you read it. and submit your photo, so we can all see what bliss looks like.

The toying with live and dead prey has nothing to do with cruelty. It is distressing to see, but that play is used in young animals, (usually those that are seen doing it), to improve hunting skills, to improve hunting technique, SO THEY CAN SURVIVE. It is not done when food is sparse. It can't be risked being lost. Most mature adults DON'T do it. Tho they will, when prey is plentiful, try to encourage their growing young to practise in play. Do not human hunters practise shooting before their first hunt? It is a skill that has to be learnt. It's just that we humans tend to kill from a distance, with overpowered rifles, and call it SPORT. Are they doing it to survive? In many cases, no. They live on McDonalds and beer and marry their cousins. Many do it simply for a trophy.

ALL HAIL the MORALLY SUPERIOR SPECIES.

I am just not in the mood to take smug ignorance bellowing they know all, when they are demonstrably SO IGNORANT, they are actually bellowing I am a SMUG MORON.

Clearly, I didn't use the quote button correctly...

Edited by menageriemanor

Most of the above posts, don't seem to recognise that Humans are a new class of being, which transcends Nature.

In what ways do we transcend nature?

"Nature" is just animals running around mindlessly, killing and eating each other, in a cruel and disgusting way. With no kindness, or morality, or sense of decency. Any dog-owner can see that when they take their dog out for a walk. The dog suddenly crouches and defecates - in public view, right next to a queue at a bus-stop. The humans look the other way, awkward and embarrassed. And the cruelty of cats, when they play with the small creatures they catch, is well-known - I've seen it, and been shocked and repulsed.

Anthropomorphism would seem to be your word to learn today...

So I don't respect "Nature" at all - it's primitive and horrible, and the sooner we get rid of it the better. Civilisation is progress towards this goal - a truly civilised Earth - with all animals except humans eliminated. Some bacteria and algae may have to be kept for a while. But only until we develop artificial substitutes, which will allow non-human organisms to be dispensed with, and "Nature" finally kicked into the dustbin of history.

We are part of nature not apart from it, humans not only kill each other in mass numbers humans kill just for the fun of killing as well, nothing about humans shouts out our superiority...

Then we'll have a shining perfect human world, of beautiful cities, libraries, literature, science, mathematics, philosophy, all supporting human minds set free to advance and explore the Universe.

Shinning beautiful cities we can target in war while we sit around thinking of reasons to dehumanize the enemy

Isn't this a better vision of the future, than retreating into the woods and eating berries, as the dismal Greens seem to want us to do?

I rather like the forest and spending time in the forest is one of the most exhilarating exercises a person can take. Your vision of the future sounds like hell to me...

I'm not sure if I have used the QUOTE button correctly. I've never tried before. Dekan, is it? I am gobsmacked that you are so happy to openly display so much ignorance in so many fields, in your sweeping and laughable comments.

It was commonplace for Europeans to stand or squat by roadsides, to defecate, in centuries past. Male and female. Certainly well into the 19th century. We also used chamberpots, during the night, or in cold, and in morning, in the cities, towns and villages, we threw it, often from bedroom windows, out into the road our houses fronted.

The French had a well known yell of warning, when chucking the contents of their chamberpot, from above, into the street. The Royal French Court was infamous for STINKING of stale urine, as courtiers p*ssed against palace walls. In France, the custom carried on well into the 19th century, so that if you travelled and actually had knowledge of history, you would see, STILL in use, PISSOIRS, usually decorative, ornate wrought iron streetside places for men to continue to p*ss in the street, many made in the late 19th century, now set up with drainage, etc Often, they are only shielding passers by, from the sight of urination, by a decorative piece of iron, at low chest height, to knee height, if lucky.

Regency Dandies in London, would often pay to be carried home in chairs, lifted by 2 men, holding the chairs off the ground by poles, so they wouldn't have to walk in old, raw sewage, lying in puddles on the street.

There are so many ridiculous, ignorant claims in your loony declarations, I can't remember them, to actually address them. I believe there is a thread listed here, IS IGNORANCE BLISS?. I suggest that you read it. and submit your photo, so we can all see what bliss looks like.

The toying with live and dead prey has nothing to do with cruelty. It is distressing to see, but that play is used in young animals, (usually those that are seen doing it), to improve hunting skills, to improve hunting technique, SO THEY CAN SURVIVE. It is not done when food is sparse. It can't be risked being lost. Most mature adults DON'T do it. Tho they will, when prey is plentiful, try to encourage their growing young to practise in play. Do not human hunters practise shooting before their first hunt? It is a skill that has to be learnt. It's just that we humans tend to kill from a distance, with overpowered rifles, and call it SPORT. Are they doing it to survive? In many cases, no. They live on McDonalds and beer and marry their cousins. Many do it simply for a trophy.

I am just not in the mood to take smug ignorance bellowing they know all, when they are demonstrably SO IGNORANT, they are actually bellowing I am a SMUG MORON.

Your rhetoric is very unpleasant , who are these SMUG MORONS you dislike so intensely?

!

Moderator Note

Menageriemanor

The use of insults, pejoratives, and demeaning language to describe or characterise another member is not acceptable under any circumstance. In future please keep your posting to matters of concerning the argument only - not those making it.

For your guidance I also feel that describing those who hunt as living off MacDonalds and likely to marry their cousins as borderline in breach of the rule against slurs and prejudice against any group - if you had read widely on this forum you would know that we have numerous hunters as members. Please try to avoid stereotyping in future; it is always lazy, often wrong, and frequently insulting.

Everyone

We can surely tackle these thorny issues in a polite and respectful manner, and without the victimisation of those taking a minority viewpoint. To avoid further drawing this thread off-topic do not respond to this moderation within thread; any response will be split off to the trash.