My idea (the origin of the universe)

Just

I recently thought of this and I admit it is underdeveloped. I thought it might be worth sharing. Criticism is welcome.

My idea is that the universe is the result of a SINGLE particle moving at a high/infinite velocity, so that it occupies all space at the same time, creating the illusion of reality.

Your speculation does not match with what we see in telescopes, microscopes, and particle colliders. It is, however, similar to an idea I've heard proposed before, that the universe is a simulation in some godlike creature's computer. I think people here will argue against your idea, mostly.

This particle would be the lowest subatomic level. Something we have not and may never discover. However, I do realize that this is merely another untestable idea that is just as good a guess as any other. My main reason for posting is to share an interesting thought of mine. Hopefully, it was at least worth the read and maybe even interesting to you!

Can you explain more? This is a funny theory...

The illusion of reality? I don't feel like I am living in a illusion. Everything is relative, so you can't say that. Hey, the SIMS game might be a little universe. Then the universe in the computer of the SIMS are using would be another universe. And you can't say something is moving if it is moving relative to nothing. Read up on a theory called the Holographic Universe.

I fell like if this is real, then there should be a way to project us into the circuit boards. This is an interesting thought. Tomorrow after I ponder a little I shall post my take on your theory, and expand upon. Just one question, is the sub atomic particle unique, only one in the universe. And you also say it occupies all time. Does that mean I am just for filling my destiny writing this?

Read the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, it is a very good philosophy book. I could call it my bibletongue.png

Regards to You

Never mind about what I said. This is a crazy idea. How I understand it, there is one particle. So how does it change form to allow for all of the shapes. Now when I was going to write something, I was going to say it changes form when it travels through something. But, it doesn't work, because there is nothing else...

Something we have not and may never discover. However, I do realize that this is merely another untestable idea that is just as good a guess as any other.

If it is untestable then it cannot be science.

Anyway, a simple question; what is this particle moving with respect to? You give it a large velocity, but with respect to what?

Good to see others thinking as well. I wrote the same thing in my topic below. We have network system out of wave phase shifting or decay in form of fractal symmetry. Interference

Spinning is universal motion of data transmission. Comes from the mass potential effects the wave.

http://omegafoundation.siriuscomputing.net/Images/lemniscatewatt.gif

!

Moderator Note

LittleBoPeep has lost her model of the atom, but it can be found here: http://www.scienceforums.net/topic/80500-electromagnetic-model-of-the-atom-split/

Please limit discussion here to the topic of the OP, such as it is. If you have your own model to propose, that should take place in its own thread. That applies to all.

The image is great to describe the charges flow within two mirrored waveform

So you force to keep open new topics Swansont?may you have your reason but you in this case just shut down conversation could get others somewhere.

Pls just delete my replies as it's not match the topic criteria

The image is great to describe the charges flow within two mirrored waveform

So you force to keep open new topics Swansont?may you have your reason but you in this case just shut down conversation could get others somewhere.

Pls just delete my replies as it's not match the topic criteria

!

Moderator Note

The conversation exists in its own thread. On subject per topic, and no hijacking, please.

I recently thought of this and I admit it is underdeveloped. I thought it might be worth sharing. Criticism is welcome.

My idea is that the universe is the result of a SINGLE particle moving at a high/infinite velocity, so that it occupies all space at the same time, creating the illusion of reality.

Something like the One-electron Universe?

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with the one particle idea...it was, I think as do others, a singularity with which the big bang popped out from,,,,as to it's movement as light speed, possibly, but I see that as unnecessary to a logical argument....as to the idea of reality being illusory, I see "reality" as a description of reality, rather than an actual reality, that is why there is a tendency to say, "if reality isn't 100% real, then it is totally unreal, or completely subjective, everything being illusion"....a video game is portrayed upon a screen as an "illusion within an illusion", but that doesn't mean it isn't of some reality....It has rules and lines of code that require certain inputs for certain outputs, feedback systems of both positive and negative natures...if indeed the universe is not completely real in a classical sense, it is still of use and has a repeatable functioning logic to it, simply put...it works, none the less. And perhaps if this universe were to be 100% logical, it would not take the form it does now, or take no form at all. What you are after is the philosophical underpinnings as to the "why" we are here, or are we really here?...very good. But at this point the best we can do to get to the "whys" is to answers the "hows", and that is physics. My suspicion is that when we find out the "whys" we may be happy it has the illogical anomalies is has, working as viruses in the logic programs that created and sustain the universe and may be necessary catalysts for it's "set completion", causing the big bang. I see the notion of infinites as one of these "bugs". In a few decades we will have a workable TOE, and perhaps then the appearance of an illusory nature of reality , will become an illusion itself... edd

Edited by hoola

Thus we exist in an illusion, pinch yourself very hard and tell me if that pain you feel is an illusion?