The brain

herme3

How exactly does our brain allow us to realize that we are here? How are we actually awake? All I've been able to research is electrical impulses. I read that it is similar to the binary code of a computer. I think the brain has to be something more complex than that. Our brain seems to create our reality of the world. We actually know that we are here in the universe. Computers don't appear to know that. What does the brain have that a computer doesn't?

We seem to be able to communicate within ourselves and actually create feelings based on our own thoughts. Electrical impulses is how our brain processes data, but what allows us to be aware of what is processed? What are your thoughts about this?

One form of AI is bassed off how the brain works. It's called, as you can guess, Neural Networks/Genetic Algorithms. Most application to make it smarter realy on evolution (ie, if it dies then certain nodes change).

I dont know much about constucting a net itself though...I've always found function to use instead, but I think it's basically like nodes (a varible) that talks to each other...i dont know. Try google for neural net.

• 2 weeks later...

the brain to me is very simple first ill tell yuo main difference between computers and us we can learn and we also have sense that work all the time all a computer has is a disk drive while we have eyes to pick up light, ears to feel vibrations of sound, noses to pick up chemicals in the air to interpret its state to us, taste to tell wether what we consume is safe, feeling to give us information on temperature, if anything touches us, and even for reproduction. computers only take in information by what we give it, and only thinks if we want it to think, it remembers all that it has learned unlike humans where memory strength depends on stimulation. we can know we are we by have electromagnetic impulses in our brain, which is created by our senses as a computer uses an outlet for power without our sense or without energy from food we can not exist as a consciousness.