Voluntary Blurry Vision?

5 minutes ago, StringJunky said:

Magic Eye pictures rely on voluntarily blurring vision.

Magic Eye is not related to blurring vision. it is about changing perspective and look at an image in a different depth. Search for Stereogram.

4 minutes ago, rgnyldz said:

Magic Eye is not related to blurring vision. it is about changing perspective and look at an image in a different depth. Search for Stereogram.

No, blurring just means you've moved the focal point of your eyes wrt to some object or plane. With Magic Eye you put your focal point passed the plane of the  image.

Edited by StringJunky

2 hours ago, StringJunky said:

No, blurring just means you've moved the focal point of your eyes wrt to some object or plane. With Magic Eye you put your focal point passed the plane of the  image.

If the focal point wasn't in the plane of the book, the image would be blurred.

Magic eye pictures rely on shifts of convergence, rather than shifts of focus.

• 2 months later...

I have had this since I was very young, and I still have this ability today. I’ve been tested many times for glasses and have always had interesting results. When I completely blur my vision to its fullest extent then I am almost considered blind, but when I’m just focusing my vision I have far above average vision. I can focus on objects much farther away than most people can see. And I’ve never found myself blinded by a dark room or area. My eyes naturally adjust by themselves to any brightness or darkness alike. I can vibrate my eyes very fast as well. For some reason I’ve never been able to capture this on video, but then again I have only tried with an iPhone. Among many peculiar things I am capable of this is my favorite. If there ever is a study and more facts upon the matter, I’d love to hear what people find. 

1 hour ago, CaliforniaKid96 said:

I have had this since I was very young, and I still have this ability today. I’ve been tested many times for glasses and have always had interesting results. When I completely blur my vision to its fullest extent then I am almost considered blind, but when I’m just focusing my vision I have far above average vision. I can focus on objects much farther away than most people can see. And I’ve never found myself blinded by a dark room or area. My eyes naturally adjust by themselves to any brightness or darkness alike. I can vibrate my eyes very fast as well. 

I can do all of those things.  I assume everyone can.  The reason you cannot get a video of your shaky eyes is because the movement is to small, it just seems like a lot from the inside.  Have friend look at your eyes when you do that and he will confirm your eyes are vibrating.

• 1 month later...

Hey how's it going, I happened to stummble on this out of small curiousty lol. I first knew I could do this at a young age, my guess would have to be around 6.

When I did, I asked my family and my friends if they knew anything about it. Some said yes, most said no. I didn't really think much of it, nor do I feel I do now since there is no benefit to it.

However, I would like to know more about it though so any other imformation would be much appriciated.

If it helps with this " Voluntary Blurry Vision" thread, I would notice when I cried (which was alot as a small child lol) that I could do it only because when I stopped crying, my vision was still blurry. Even after wiping all my tears away, thus the orgin of my useless ability. 

Other than that, my vision is on the 20/20 scale so idk ...

On 4/19/2019 at 3:33 AM, Bufofrog said:

And I’ve never found myself blinded by a dark room or area. My eyes naturally adjust by themselves to any brightness or darkness alike.

Well this is a common attribute, given the fact that the eye pupil shrinks and dilates. In order to allow more or less light through. Would not recommend pointing a militaty laser directly at your eye, as it does classify as "any brightness." I wonder what a fully closed pupil would look like, pretty gross I imagine.

Edited by L_><_R

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I can blur my vision anytime at any distance of object from my eyes..earlier I am always asking others if they have also the same but not able to find so...

On 11/29/2013 at 2:26 AM, Voluntary Blurry Vision said:

Are you able to blur your vision whenever you like and for as long as you want, to switch from sharp to blur in a second at your own command?

this involves the conscious control of the ciliary muscles which are in charge of the auto focus of your vision. The talent involves neurosensory and neuromuscular pathways and controls.

I would like to know your opinion as I have been asking to several research institutes and it seems the ability is not really known, only few people can do it naturally did you know about this?

Yes I can do that willingly.

Edited by Ravi

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

From my personal experience it’s not common at all. I started doing it really young I thoughT glasses where cool and wanted some so I told my mom I couldn’t see well went to eye doc and blurred my Vision the whole exam. Ended up backfiring because I got stuck with huge ugly glasses and my grandparents made a huge deal if I didn’t wear them lol. Anyways I bragged about it all the time as a kid and none of my friends could do it. Also had a friend point out that when I did it my pupils would change size. Anyways don’t do it anymore being almost 30 and no need but I do tell people from time to time the story of wanting glasses so bad and even now as adults no one has seemed to say they can do. 

• 6 months later...

This thread has probably died a quiet cyber death long ago but I would be interested if any interesting research was made?  I can control my focal lengths easily for long periods.  I can fine control to macro focus and can see, in sharp detail, the epithelial cells floating about on my cornea and cells composing the vitreous humour. Always assumed everyone could do it.