Basic chemistry - basic physics

countSpanky

Hey

This summer, I plan on participating in an entry exam for medicine. It requires a basic knowledge on biology, mathematics, chemistry and physics. I had a classical high school education, so very light on sciences. Biology and maths should be no problem; chemistry and physics are giving me a hard time though...

I have a lot of catching up to do, and I will need a good book on basic classical physics. Considering the stuff I have to know, I assume it has to be a very big one.

Subjects on the curriculum: mechanics, fluids, electrodynamics, electricity, waves, ... in other words: high school physics.

Anyone have any good (big) book recommendations? Decent mathematics, though not too complicated. Preferably a visual book, modern, so I don't get bored. Lots of exercises, of course...

For chemistry, I'm looking for a similar book (same style, ...), also high school subjects: stoichiometric, atom structure, binding, kinetics, balance, ... (I'm translating this, so I don't know if these are the exact terms.)

So: a big, modern book on high school physics and a big, modern book on high school chemistry.

Thanks for the help!

• 2 months later...

Users of Bearshare, along with BitTorrent, Kaza and another few that I can't remember the names of have all been sued by music companys in the last few weeks....

(Just thought I'd add that!)