Interesting experiment with ADSL splitter - 2

thinhnghiem

I have been considering what happens if I make the feedback from out put to input of a ADSL splitter, as well as change input to output and vice versa

Below are my steps:

• Take the first splitter, plug the phone line to the Net output (NOT the input) of it
  • Plug the input of the first splitter to the input of the second splitter
  • Plug the Phone output of the second splitter to the phone output of the first one
  • Plug the Net output of the second splitter to Modem, and connect to laptop

The diagram can be found in my attached screenshot

Here I made some abnormal things:

• Telephone signal transmits into the output, not the input of the splitter

The output of second splitter is connected back to the first one

Surprisingly, my laptop can access internet normally. Nothing wrong happens

Why my extraordinary actions does not affect the operation of the splitters?

I see no diagram?

I think it is also time to remind you of telephone regulations.

The telephone system generally has around 50 volts on the ringer circuit. This can be dangerous, not only to humans but also to equipment.

As a result it is illegal in most countries to play around like this with telephone connections.

The purpose of the filter (splitter) is to remove the ADSL signal from the voice signal (not the other way round).

So once you have split the signals the voice will continue on, but will no longer be carrying the ADSL signal.

The ADSL signal will then be available at the alternative output, which quite deliberately has a different socket.

I see no diagram?

The telephone system generally has around 50 volts on the ringer circuit. This can be dangerous, not only to humans but also to equipment.

As a result it is illegal in most countries to play around like this with telephone connections.

The purpose of the filter (splitter) is to remove the ADSL signal from the voice signal (not the other way round).

So once you have split the signals the voice will continue on, but will no longer be carrying the ADSL signal.

The ADSL signal will then be available at the alternative output, which quite deliberately has a different socket.

I see no diagram?

I see no diagram?

Sorry that this forum dies not allow upload iage from my machine.

Thank you for recommendation

You have 17 posts, you should be able to post an image, contact a moderator, they are very helpful.

Are you doing it right?

Make sure the image is not too large a file 800 x 600 pixels is a good size for the web and helps with the upload.

3.6M+ from a digital camera is overkill

If need be, open the image in a graphics program such as paint and resize.

Choose more reply options to the bottom right of the bottom post it box

When the more reply options opens

Clcik browse at the bottom

When you have found the image select it and it's appears in the box,

Click attach this file

You can then click somewhere in you text for posting and click to the bottom right to insert it, otherwise it appears as a thumbnail at the bottom.

• 2 weeks later...

You have 17 posts, you should be able to post an image, contact a moderator, they are very helpful.

Are you doing it right?

Make sure the image is not too large a file 800 x 600 pixels is a good size for the web and helps with the upload.

3.6M+ from a digital camera is overkill

If need be, open the image in a graphics program such as paint and resize.

Choose more reply options to the bottom right of the bottom post it box

When the more reply options opens

Clcik browse at the bottom

When you have found the image select it and it's appears in the box,

Click attach this file

You can then click somewhere in you text for posting and click to the bottom right to insert it, otherwise it appears as a thumbnail at the bottom.

I attached my chart already

post-20965-0-53937800-1385741552_thumb.png

I have cut into the cables and splice the red to the green and other green to the other red.
Finally I can do this with the help of a technician

a) I loop the net output to input, and connect phone output to a telephone machine. No signal at all

b) I loop the phone output to input, and connect net output to a modem, this time I can access internet normally

Is it working correctly?