Alien view of human panorama

petrushka.googol

What would be an aliens view of the panoply of human activity?

For instance what would be an aliens view on humans obsession with sex?

Sex is essentially an exchange of DNA (much like shaking hands or even sneezing) and comes bound with a dopamine reward system.

But why is it so prominent in our media etc?

Similarly what would an alien think of petty politics.

Politicians worldwide are known to be on an average lacking probity and yet they are always in the limelight.

Would an alien then condescend to make contact with humans?

Please express your viewpoint.

Thanks in advance.

What would be an aliens view of the panoply of human activity?

To have any idea how to answer this question, I'd first need to know about the alien culture, in excruciating detail. Even then I could only guess. And, judging from human views about the panoply of human activity, individual aliens of the same species would have differing opinions.

Your opinion is as valid as anyone else. Why do you ask this question, rather than stating your opinion?

Your opinion is as valid as anyone else. Why do you ask this question, rather than stating your opinion?

What I am trying to convey here is that humans are prone to certain behavioral traits that make them less adaptable to their socio-economic environment. Even with a gifted gene pool the species homo-sapiens performs mostly below par. If these self-defeating behaviors are eliminated, then i guess a smart alien would have to take notice.

Define reward system.

In this context, sex.

To the OP, the question is unanswerable. Aliens would be alien and therefore, as Ed Earl has suggested, their thinking would be impenetrable. The problem is, I suspect, that in your mind alien means intelligent being from another planet, when it actually means strange, unknown, different.