Can someone check my answer/solution :)

gwiyomi17

I would be more explicit and make it clear where you are using substitution and the chain rule etc. Lumping together stages might sometimes save time but can also mean that the calculation cannot be followed (either by an examiner or by yourself later on) - you have a use of the chain rule, the product rule and a simple derivative taken all as one unexplained stage. The answer and method is as I would do it - but in the end I would include more lines of working

Looks much better

A small point

For differentiation with respect to x (d.w.r.t.x) we write

[math]\frac{d}{{dx}}(something)[/math]

not

[math]\frac{{dy}}{{dx}}(something)[/math]

So your first line should be

[math]\frac{d}{{dx}}({e^{xy}}) - \frac{d}{{dx}}({x^3}) + \frac{d}{{dx}}(3{y^2}) = \frac{d}{{dx}}(1)[/math]

Looks much better

A small point

For differentiation with respect to x (d.w.r.t.x) we write

[math]\frac{d}{{dx}}(something)[/math]

not

[math]\frac{{dy}}{{dx}}(something)[/math]

So your first line should be

[math]\frac{d}{{dx}}({e^{xy}}) - \frac{d}{{dx}}({x^3}) + \frac{d}{{dx}}(3{y^2}) = \frac{d}{{dx}}(1)[/math]

Agree entirely - more than ever in this case as you are not simply differentiating a y = some polynomial function of x; but are working to get dy/dx as an answer which arises from the two instances of d/dx of y