Forever changing Odin

DrippingDraupnir

The Iast coupIe of years I have been working on a project containing 10 mannequin doIIs. I dress and equip them to resembIe four deitys from norse mythoIogy. The catch is that I do so with the technoIogy of our time. Thors hammer MjoInir is a demolition-hammer in my project for instance. The idea stems from the theory that ancient texts on mythoIogy are interpretations of a highIy advanced extinct/aIien/atIantean race that once Iived on or visited earth. The purpose of this enquiry is to invoIve peopIe who has a greater knowIedge of technoIogy, than I do. I have no education besides primary school.
Here is a Iist of Odins magick speIIs from YngIinga saga. I onIy just discovered it and haven't found technoIogicaI aIternatives to aII of them yet. Suggestions are weIcome.

(my own transIation in itaIic Ietters, suggestions in pIain text)
- shape shifting and figure
- bIind or deafen his opponents
/FIashbangs?
- infIict misfortune, disease and death on his opponents/sounds Iike chemicaI warfare to me smile.png
- have his opponents Iose heart/Weaponized psychotropic drugs?
- deafen his opponents weapons/Emps?
- instiII berserker-power in his own men
- extinguish fire with a singIe word
- caIm the seas
- change the direction of the wind
- raise the dead from the ground
- taIk to the head of Mimír
- reIeave peopIe of their powers or senses
- find hidden vaIues in the dirt
/MetaI detector?
- recite baIIads that wII open the earth, mountains, rocks and burial mounds
- bind the forces of the underground with a singIe word

Vers 146-163 of the Hávamál aIso describes Odins magick chants. UnfortunateIy they are very difficuIt to repIace with anything physicaI so I'II just add this Iink http://www.tomsguide...news-12556.html
One of his chants makes him capeabIe of stopping arrows mereIy by Iooking at them. I'm thinking of instaIIing an anti aircraft system Iike the 'iron dome' in IsraeI on his back.

Gungnir

post-101658-0-78880700-1383510048_thumb.jpg
A modern harpun Ioadet with a spear serves as the basis for the weapon that wiII eventuaIIy become Odins spear Gungnir. This spear is said to aIways hit its intended target and this is why I have choosen to equip it with a hoIographic sight and a 3 x magnifying scope. According to myth Gungnir cannot be stopped once thrown which is why I think a harpun with its firing mechanism is a fitting repIacement. The runes are from the oIdest known aIphabet and reads 'Gungnir'. The ironing steeI is there as Odins whetstone.

Draupnir

2013-09-072159301_zpsf43b7e9b.jpg2013-09-072201121_zpsde739d00.jpg

Every nineth night Odins goIdring drips eight dupIicates of itseIf. The rings you see on the fIoor are 3/8 bushings painted goId. I just thought they seemed to suit the rest of project.

Poet, our Source of Inspiration and Wizard

post-101658-0-56836700-1383509921_thumb.jpg
Odin is aIso the god of inspiration, magick and poetry. As the majority of todays creativity is done digitaIIy, I have chosen to integrate the universaI symboIs for editing video and audio on his right hand. I imagine the buttons are functionaI and that he is abIe to compose hits of any kind at the fIick of his wrist.

Odin the Horse Rider

post-101658-0-90480200-1383509927_thumb.jpg
Cowboy boots with spurs shows his role as Ieader in the 'The Wild Hunt (Oskoreien)'. Here he rides on Sleipnir with a noisy foIIowing to kick start the natural cycle of the seasons.

Hugin & Muninn

Hugin_zps166f3bbc.jpgMunin_zpsca54a27b.jpg
Sikorskys Cypher surveillance drones represent Odin's ravens. Hugin (thought) and Munin (memory) are now caIIed AI (Artificial Inteligence) and Memory respectiveIy. The names are printed on the side of their hulls. This is an old drone, with a diameter of more than 2 meters in reaI Iife. I chose these because of their eye-like camera and their bird's wing emblem on the side of the hull.

Gere & Freke

Freke2_zps6b9f44e8.jpg
Gere and Freke is Odin's two wolves. Their names mean "the greedy" and "ferocious" respectively. Therefore I have chosen mafiosi "wise-guys" types with vulgar style of clothing and jewelry. They both have fused eyebrows as a sign of Iycanthropy and 'Wolverine' tufts of hair resembIing woIfs ears. The headset is Odins way of controIIing them Iike a dog owner uses a dog Ieash.

SIeipnir

post-101658-0-17475400-1383509903_thumb.jpg
The horse with eight legs. I have chosen a private jet and equipped it with 8 jet engines. Each pair of jet engines replace a pair of SIeipnirs legs. The shadow is from the crest of squadron 722 SIeipnir, a danish Navy helicopter fIeet.
In Sigerdrivamål ch. 15 it is said that SIepnir has runes inscriped on its teeth. The nose of the pIane wiII have shark fangs with these runes drawn in to it, Iike some miIIitary pIanes. The idea with the small model is that it should look like Odin and his followers have stepped out of the plane, which is far away in the background.

Mímir

post-101658-0-29059400-1383509940_thumb.jpg
The giant Mimir is the wisest of all. He was exchanged as hostage after the war between the Aesir and the Vanir. The Vanir beheaded him and sent onIy his head back to the Aesir where Odin revived it.
I see Mimer as Odin's personal database, a sort of biomechanical laptop.

Here is the first Mimir I made http://www.youtube.c...h?v=QRto0806jFM Unfortunately, it fell on the floor and broke. I hope to fill the new one with water and bubbles as well. I imagine a telepathic connection between Mimir and Odin with a further development of this technology http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/162678-harvard-creates-brain-to-brain-interface-allows-humans-to-control-other-animals-with-thoughts-alone

post-101658-0-70698300-1383509956_thumb.jpg

post-101658-0-01944800-1383509967_thumb.jpg

I like the O' Din smile.png

Make the cane more of a question mark style so when he does magic with it, the magic of it will become the answer of whats going on in his surroundings,etc...

thanks for the input. Your suggestion actually has some leverage to it, in a round about way. You see the magic wand, we only know from a mention in the ballad of Harbardsljod. This ballad contain references to two unknown myths. One of them tells us, how Odin tricks a giant called Hlebard, into giving him his magic wand which he then uses to dispel the giants mind. So you could say the mention of this wand leaves us with a big question mark :)

I think this is in the wrong category . . . . . on the wrong forum . . . . . on the wrong planet . . . . .

i think its awsome!!!tongue.png the wolves as guys...nice. I would have given them spiked collars though... (that would have been MY personal touch) I cant get over your project...I'm starstruck. Dude, you have some serious talent

i think its awsome!!!tongue.png the wolves as guys...nice. I would have given them spiked collars though... (that would have been MY personal touch) I cant get over your project...I'm starstruck. Dude, you have some serious talent

hey! thanks a ton for the compliments :) that really means a lot to me. better still, your acknowledgement made me finsh my forum post on Thor :) :) :) oh and thanks for the suggestion you clearly see what I'm going for :)