Christian symbol

Christian symbol- the cross represents the images of a distant star ancient peopl. I right or not?

I don't admire Jesus for dying on the cross, but there were a few thousand followers of Spartacus who got strung up on the appian way just like the Nazarene and I do admire their sacrifice fighting for freedom.

It's a bastardization to call the cross a christian symbol.

I think the cross is used as a christian symbol to indicate the suffering Jesus was put through.

And to reinforce the idea that christians shouldn't mind suffering. John is right... just a sign of the times.

As an aside, Is your avatar supposed to mean "samurai"? It looks a lot like the symbol I know for samurai, but not quite. I know Japanese calligraphers take a lot of liberties, but it has me confused. PM me if you think it takes us off topic.

BTW, which cross do you think the OP had in mind?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross#As_emblems_and_symbols

The crucifix cross is the christian cross. But I am confused when he says "cross represents the images of A distant star" That's different from a constellation.

As an aside, Is your avatar supposed to mean "samurai"? It looks a lot like the symbol I know for samurai, but not quite. I know Japanese calligraphers take a lot of liberties, but it has me confused.

My avatar and my member name refer to Hayabusa. It's the Japanese name for the Peregrine Falcon, the fastest bird in the world. Or, in my case, it is also the motorcycle I ride.

The cross represents the piece of wood a Jew died on approximately 2000 years ago. As the story goes, an infallible Jew -who himself is God- while on the cross asked 'God the Father' (himself) 'why hath thou/I forsaken me/myself'? (cleverly contradicting the idea that he was infallible, or God.) Said Jew died/murdered himself on a wooden cross, came back to life, BUT in a different body to his original one (again cleverly confusing the reader into thinking it was probably not the same Jew who died on the cross moments earlier), then floated into the clouds back up to heaven. And the moral of the story is, God loves you.