Better Intellect ??

Guest ROCKET

Do we need better intellect here to discuss science or should it be open for everyone to discuss? Atleast good intelligence is required.

Do we need better intellect here to discuss science or should it be open for everyone to discuss? Atleast good intelligence is required.

Are you saying there might be an intelligence test needs to be passed to be a member? I don't see how they could work because intelligence tests aren't really accurate. I doubt anyone without 'Atleast good intelligence' would even want to be on a science forum.

Well my answer is No. What about the young kids who don't yet meet your criteria but want to learn.

and "Atleast" should be separated like this: "At least" :) ....sorry couldn't help it. ;)

Bettina

Do we need better intellect here to discuss science or should it be open for everyone to discuss?
I find the intelligence required to turn on a computer, log onto the internet and navigate to this site to be sufficient.

In most cases.

Are you suggesting that everyone be a rocket scientist or just a scientist, ROCKET?

It is really a waste of time to read all the comments posted by the people on this forum who do not have any intelligence.

Why don't you write a module for the forum that can automatically hide posts by people without intelligence?

that some people who are not proficient in Science come here because they want to learn about it?

Granted, there are some who have their own agenda, from which they will not be dissuaded, but my take on it is to be gentle.

If they ask a question that has an obvious answer, just answer it - or give a link, or suggest a term that they can Google to find more information on their own.

We have people who are younger than my Grandson asking questions about science. You have the opportunity to turn them on or turn them off. It would be my hope that you would choose to turn them on.

To what type of intelligence are you referring and how to you propose to evaluate prospective members?

Try mine now:

Who was John Locke?

What is Hamlet's dilemma?

What did fifteenth century painters use to make the Madonna's robes blue?

No surfing allowed. :D

Somehow I have a feeling the above questions may not be scientific enough for you. However there are many types of intelligence. Would it surprised you that I have learned the most in life from fools? ;)

Who was John Locke?

A formerly alive, now dead englishman.

What is Hamlet's dilemma?

Who shouldst play him in the movie,

whether tis nobler to suffer mel gibson

or to cast a Baldwin, and, by editing, make them look good.

What did fifteenth century painters use to make the Madonna's robes blue?

Blue paint.

Mokele

Why don't we all take my intelligence test now:

What is intelligence?

What is my favourite color?

Translate the word "taugen" to Hawaiian.

Using your own words, describe why I am cool. Example: fglut orewt wusertyab quwiassatie. My own words =)

See the problems here? We have been having long debates over grading in my school, the arguements are very similar to those given here. Why should we all have to live up to somebody else's vision of perfection? And what the hell is intelligence anyway?