Mystery animal I saw yesterday

WVBIG47

Yesterday I saw what I thought at first to be a black or dark brown squirrel sitting up on it;s back legs. But then it hopped on its back legs into the weeds & I noticed it had a slimmer tail than a squirrel. I'm in West Virginia. Any ideas about what it was?

When you say "hopped", do you mean it hopped into the weeds on its hind legs like a little kangaroo or that it hopped up on its hind legs and then ran into the weeds, still on its hind legs?

It could be one of Moontanman's genetically enhanced minions. Did it breathe fire?

When you say "hopped", do you mean it hopped into the weeds on its hind legs like a little kangaroo or that it hopped up on its hind legs and then ran into the weeds, still on its hind legs?

It could be one of Moontanman's genetically enhanced minions. Did it breathe fire?

Ok now you've gone and done it, do you hear the helicopters yet?

What type of terrain was it on? Mountain top meadow or river bank?

Ok now you've gone and done it, do you hear the helicopters yet?

What type of terrain was it on? Mountain top meadow or river bank?

It was at the bottom of a driveway in the country. It hopped like a little Kangaroo

Probably a muskrat, typical behavior and movements. I've trapped a great many of them along the Poca river..

Thank you. I know for a fact that there are Muskrats in this area. We lived in the area when I was a kid & my dad trapped a couple that were eating our corn. I just wasn't aware they hopped

Thank you. I know for a fact that there are Muskrats in this area. We lived in the area when I was a kid & my dad trapped a couple that were eating our corn. I just wasn't aware they hopped

It would really depend on the circumstances, but I have seen them hop...