why games, cartoons are meant only for kids and not for adults?

imdow123

Cartoons, games and stuff like these are mainly directed for kids and not for adults. Why is that?

For me, sometimes they are interesting. They are interesting piece of art. Few cartoons have clever humour. Games also have nice references and ingenious plots.

But still I here people saying - "You are grown up now! Stop with cartoons and games". Mind you, these are not said to me. I'm still young. But I was wondering why adults don't enjoy such things.

Does the humour become too childish? If yes, then what exactly is childish humour?

I'm looking for an elaborate answer. Thank You!

I think many adults still like games and cartoons. As you get older, your responsibilities grow and change. You have less time available for entertainment overall, so you may choose more intellectually stimulating material.

But games and cartoons are still fun. They're like dessert, more special if you don't have it all the time.

Considering the massive success of M-rated games and that the mean age of gamers (defined as anyone who plays videogames for an hour or more per week) has been in the 30s for almost a decade, I challenge the idea that games are marketed primarily at children.

Also, as stated, cartoon strips are very frequently geared toward adults, and while most, but not all (see: South Park, Archer, etc) western animation is geared towards children, Japan really runs the gamut in terms of the age-appropriateness of its material.