We are literally the ashes of long dead stars.

mattrsmith88

I know i probably sound like a broken record but the way i see it god does exist..... in the form of a sun. Not our sun, Probably a number of supermassive stars that existed billions if not trillions of years ago. As for jesus and other other sun god's that have existed throughout time they are all to do with the winter solstice and the sun to appear motionless from dec 22-dec 25th on the in the center of the southern cross. Hence the sun dies on the cross for 3 days, then is resurrected.3kings.jpg

People in the Middle East don't have your view of the Southern Cross. And that near the winter solstice the Cross would be visible to fewer places in the northern hemisphere.

But I like the idea, really. Reality-based explanations for "supernatural" phenomena is a favorite pursuit.

I find this kind of talk fascinating. I believe that god only works through the laws of nature so it always interests me when people talk about religion and science together. The problem with your "theory" is the scientific parts have no basis in reality. "God exists in the form of a Sun" or "a number of supermassive stars that existed billions if not trillions of years ago."? ? ? The universe isn't trillions of years old. Please explain.

So this Sun or super-massive stars are the god that created the universe? Or does this star or stars control our lives? I really don't understand your theory or what you are trying to say.

The sun never does go so far into the southern hemisphere to be anywhere near the southern cross.

Edited by BusaDave9

So this Sun or super-massive stars are the god that created the universe? Or does this star or stars control our lives? I really don't understand your theory or what you are trying to say.

I think it's an explanation for why people developed the religions they did, not an attempt to shift godlike powers onto a celestial object. At least that's not the way I read the OP.

mattrsmith88 please explain yourself. Are these your beliefs or how you believe religions started?

As for the title of this thread, yes it is most likely that we are truly made out of the "ashes" of long dead stars. Only Hydrogen and Helium, the most basic atoms, could form in the universe on their own. A star such as our own sun can cause hydrogen fusion but the heavier elements need much higher pressures. Scientist believe the iron, gold, lead and other heavy elements that are found on Earth could only be formed in the most massive stars. The quasars that were also common in the very early universe could cause the fusion to create these elements.