we should take Tesla's electro-mechanical oscillator to the Great Giza Pyramid

mattrsmith88

I know it is just a theory, but what if the ancient egyptians did harness the power of electricity. If what i have been reading has any truth, they were probably more advanced than we are in terms of clean energy. The way they built the great pyramid of giza, and where they built it is pretty interesting. No soot has been found in any of the tombs or pyramids, yet they were able to paint accurate paintings in complete darkness. At the moment it's all speculation and i'm sure no one is in a rush to fund any actual research into the matter. (free electricity might make some very rich people poor).

Internal06.jpg

Wardenclyffe_tower_mary-sue_graphic_700.

Edited by mattrsmith88

sorry for not being on your level of intelligence but what exactly is wrong? some people don't know everything and we are curious......

how about elaborating on the subject instead of trying to point out i am pretty simple in intelligence.....

Edited by mattrsmith88

In regards to Phi's post, phrasing is a necessity among boards like this. Although we may not know the extent of your background within certain fields, we are all here to learn and to share our knowledge. Asking questions is essential to furthering our own knowledge and to get others to further theirs.

In regards to your OP, Matt, you said that "If what i have been reading has any truth...". Could you please provide us with the materials you have been reading? If they are published books, the Title and Author should be sufficient; if a web page, a link would be helpful; or if it is from a conversation you and a friend were having over a pint, then say so. Also, don't think that Phi's post was meant to be insulting, I'm sure it wasn't. It can just be a bit redundant to state "It's just a theory" when posting in speculations. After all, that's what the reason why we have a Speculations section.

Also, what was it about the way they built the pyramids? Do you mean the physical structure? The shape? The materials used? What about the way it was built indicates, to yourself and other theorists on the matter, that this was used to harness the power of electricity?

In regards to the lack of soot, is it possible that the paintings were done during the construction? Or a series of mirrors that were then removed prior to sealing it? Or, a stretch may it be, is it possible that they were done in complete darkness?

Furthermore, the ancient Egyptians, as far as I know, didn't have the tools or technology to harness steam, which would have been needed in order to power a generator like Tesla's (wiki link). If they did, surely a civilization advanced enough to use electricity would also seek to put their knowledge to papyrus so that others could know what they know.

http://www.ancient-world-mysteries.com/tesla.html

http://activeden.net/forums/thread/giza-pyramid-power-plant-theory/47087

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGoUpTDnZCo

there are too many too list. And in reply to your question, it is the location of the pyramid ( on top of a aquifer ) and in a spot that is more conductive than pretty much anywhere else in that area. the material used, the chemical compounds found in the different rooms in the structure.

sorry for not being on your level of intelligence but what exactly is wrong? some people don't know everything and we are curious......

how about elaborating on the subject instead of trying to point out i am pretty simple in intelligence.....

I would never make an insulting comment about your intelligence. I don't know you, and personal attacks are against our rules. We're all here to learn, and I just want you to learn this right away: NEVER SAY "It's just a theory" EVER AGAIN ON THIS SITE. eek.gif

We discuss science here, and in science, a theory is the strongest, most developed, most studied and tested explanation possible for us. Science doesn't deal in "proof" or "truth". It deals in theory, which isn't the same as "this idea I've worked on quite a bit". We use theory because we can't test every idea in every situation in every place in the universe. So we experiment and test and discuss and gather evidence that either supports or refutes our ideas. These start out as hypotheses, and only after a great deal of effort and evidence and collaboration and testing and re-testing can these hypotheses start to be called "theory".

The words you use are important in science, and I wanted you to know that you unintentionally used the wrong one. It's a common mistake these days, but it really bothers scientists to hear people claim "theory" without doing all the hard work. It's a bit like asking for the ashtray you made in elementary school art class to be put on display at the fine arts museum. The other artists would rise from their graves to haunt you. wacko.png

I meant no disrespect. I wasn't even commenting on your hypothesis. Just a technical correction, but an important one. smile.png

Furthermore, the ancient Egyptians, as far as I know, didn't have the tools or technology to harness steam, which would have been needed in order to power a generator like Tesla's (wiki link). If they did, surely a civilization advanced enough to use electricity would also seek to put their knowledge to papyrus so that others could know what they know.

Didn't they have some functional steam devices around the time of Ptolemy in Alexandria? A bit late for the Giza pyramids, I realize, but I remember reading about steam-powered doors or some such. It's been a while since I've read that and quite possibly am mistaken.

The first known steam engine was invented around that time, but as far as I'm aware it was a scientific curiosity and wasn't really put to practical use, more of an inventor's toy for playing with steam than tool.

As far as the door goes, there was some ancient work with hydraulics and counter-weights in that area. I'm not sure about steam power.

The "no-soot hypothesis" is bunk. At the very least tourists since the Greeks would have used conventional lamps.

The Egyptians themselves used a low soot producing variety. Olive Oil lamp with a covering. A number of the tombs would have been open to the sky during construction and could have easily been painted with natural lighting.

http://www.world-mysteries.com/sar_lights_fd1.htm

Many of the pyramids were built with a number of different stone materials. Most of the material used was fairly rough, low grade limestone used to build the pyramid core, while fine white limestone was often employed for the outer casing as well as to cover interior walls, though pink granite was also often used on inner walls. Basalt or alabaster was not uncommon for floors, particularly in the mortuary temples and as was mudbricks to build walls within the temples (though often as not they had limestone walls).

No piezo crystals. Possibly they meant pyroelectric which would make more sense, considering the fire and all.

None of those mentioned either but at least they would make more sense.

If they did, surely a civilization advanced enough to use electricity would also seek to put their knowledge to papyrus so that others could know what they know.

It appears that either the ancient sources are untranslatable or they wrote things that don't make sense.

The only things from before 2000 BC that make sense are lists (one word sentences). No papyrus survives and the writing that exists is chiseled in stone.

There is no "cultural context" that would apply to questions like "what did they know?".

history is written by those who conquer.... even if the egyptians did harness power, the greeks, romans wouldn't acknowledge it for what it was, and i'm pretty sure the egyptians wouldn't share it.They made the pyramids too perfect for anything else, not even a razor blade could fit through the seams, and no mummy's have ever been found in these so called tombs. They have hieroglyphs of light bulbs with wire attached, the position of the pyramid is in too much of a perfect position to say it is coincidence, and the materials used are used in the perfect way in which to harness the earth's power and turn it into electricity.

Edited by mattrsmith88

"Didn't they have some functional steam devices around the time of Ptolemy in Alexandria? A bit late for the Giza pyramids, "

The steam engine was documented about 200 years BC, the pyramids were built about 2000 years BC.

That's more than "a bit" late.

"Romans wouldn't acknowledge it for what it was, and i'm pretty sure the Egyptians wouldn't share it."

I'd not bet on that. The likes of Wernher Von Braun indicate that people are often happy to help the winners.

most history is fiction, we do not know who made the first steam engine, they had hot running water in santorini about 5000 years ago. The ancient way of life was to live with the elements, they were more in tune with nature than we are today.

Edited by mattrsmith88

most history is fiction, we do not know who made the first steam engine, they had hot running water in santorini about 5000 years ago. The ancient way of life was to live with the elements, they were more in tune with nature than we are today.

In tune with nature in hot arid antiquity usually meant drought, disease, pestilence, famine, punitive wars, slavery and death at the ripe old age of 20 or 30 something. AAH, those were the days!

Edited by arc

The ancient way of life was to live with the elements, they were more in tune with nature than we are today.

Sorry, but I think this is just wishful thinking and sacred perspective. "More in tune with nature" can also mean, "not very technically advanced". They had to "live with the elements" because their technology was crude (comparatively) and they couldn't harness those elements as well as we can today. It's not like they had a choice and chose to live "more in tune with nature".

Sure, the Egyptians had a long history of animal imagery and studied natural phenomena. So do we in modern times. Our civilizations, particularly our larger cities, makes us seem like we're not "in tune with nature", but that's just the perception our technology has. We're part of nature, and actually the only thing we're doing that is unnatural (or at least not done by other species) is our effort to minimize our impact on other species as we grow our civilization. No other animal makes a conscious effort to save other species the way we do, which is good because we have a greater potential for harm than other species as well.

Sorry, but I think this is just wishful thinking and sacred perspective. "More in tune with nature" can also mean, "not very technically advanced". They had to "live with the elements" because their technology was crude (comparatively) and they couldn't harness those elements as well as we can today. It's not like they had a choice and chose to live "more in tune with nature".

I think there might be a lot more to being in tune with nature than our perception of its being just shorthand for "primitive".

Modern people are so removed from nature that many don't even think of themselves as animals at all. We tend to think of ourselves more as "stewards of nature" than a part of it. The Egyptians, on the other hand, were animals and I believe they thought as animals. More importantly though is that I believe technology is almost solely a natural by-product of experimental science. We learn to isolate variables in the lab and simply extrapolate this to the real world as machines.

I believe there was an observational science that was used by the Egyptians and they knew quite a bit about electricity. They simply couldn't extrapolate their knowledge very readily into technology because things like dynamos and steam engines don't exist in "nature". It's ironic that we think of things as "man made" rather than "natural".

It's not my contention that any pyramid was designed as an ocillator or any sort of machine per se. However, until more is known it might not be a good idea to write off too much and it's never a good idea to misunderstand your ancestors. I don't so much disagree with your points as I just see them all from a wholly different perspective and from where I stand They could have had the knowledge even if they lacked the ability to handle steam.

Many people might be interested to know that the pyramid was originally air tight in the chambers between 70' and 140' (+). This would have made it "steam tight" as well. Some believe the word "pyramid" came from the Greek and means "fire within". Again though, I believe it's improbable that this was the function of G1. It's more likely that the word "pyramid" came from the Egyptian "mr" meaning "instrument of ascension" and that they built themselves.

Unfortunately no science has been employed in this study since 1986. Everyone is out of date.

science has become like religion, people do not realise nothing is certain, and when we discover new things we are just uncovering what was already

This gets into philosophy but I very much agree that to most individuals technology is virtually a god and science is religion. You can attach the word "science" to almost anything and the general public will accept it as established fact.

We need to teach a lot more metaphysics and history of science in school.

science has become like religion, people do not realise nothing is certain, and when we discover new things we are just uncovering what was already there.

!

Moderator Note

I don't think this is related to your OP. Pony up some evidence and respond to member's criticisms properly, or this will be closed.

ok almighty moderator....

it has everything to do with my op, my op was about investigating the pyramids with a different approach other than they were just tombs, but because science isn't as open minded as it once was, people are not willing to investigate the possibilities of what could be the just sit in front of a computer... and procrastinate as i am doing now

With science, everything has to begin with a lone person seeking to find the answers. Rather than mock the mods, why not work towards discovering the answers? You say that people aren't willing to investigate these possibilities, but you yourself are capable of such. Rather than procrastinating as you indicate that most scientists seem to be doing, why don't you research the pyramids yourself? Attempt to get a research grant to do just that and find out if your answer is the correct one. Until then, please provide evidence to support your hypothesis more than just pure speculation. Within science, it doesn't matter if you are right or wrong in the end, only that you did it and showed your work.

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

history is written by those who conquer.... even if the egyptians did harness power, the greeks, romans wouldn't acknowledge it for what it was, and i'm pretty sure the egyptians wouldn't share it.They made the pyramids too perfect for anything else, not even a razor blade could fit through the seams, and no mummy's have ever been found in these so called tombs. They have hieroglyphs of light bulbs with wire attached, the position of the pyramid is in too much of a perfect position to say it is coincidence, and the materials used are used in the perfect way in which to harness the earth's power and turn it into electricity.

So these Greek tourists would have been using soot producing lamps to explore the Great Pyramid.

From your statement here we can conclude this:

No soot has been found in any of the tombs or pyramids

is mistaken. As can be verified by the numerous pictures of soot inside the Great Pyramid.

There was at least a sarcophagus left inside the Great Pyramid. The mummy was probably looted in the past. We have used old bones as relics, medicine, and pigment(aptly named mummy brown). Would be a greater surprise if there was a mummy still inside of what had to be the most obvious target for ancient tomb raiders.

Piezoelectric refers to generating electricity via mechanical stress. This alone should give you reason to reconsider that source's validity.

The "light bulb" is thought to represent a snake spawned within a lotus flower.

To even my untrained eye close up it looks considerably more like a snake than a filament.

800px-Dendera_light_001.jpg

Before you go off believing whatever some random crank website/video tells you look it up first. Save yourself all kinds of grief.