The Rise of the Tea Party

jduff

It can be said that in 2010 the Tea Party took the mid-elections. The question one asks is what role will they play in our next mid elect. To the dismay of our progressive and liberal friends at this site. I see a surge coming this next year. In fact I see a very big increase in tea party politicians. While it may not be prevalent within the Washington/Beltway view. Local and state politicians will increase significantly. This will happen even in states which you would not think it would occur. States like California, New York, Illinois.

With a country that has many undecided points for our future. It is not a coincidence that we have fear of both the right and the left in politics. As well as the unsettled view among most of the U.S public. As our country gasps for economic stability, growth, and a future. The opportunity is right for the Tea Party to expand greatly.

The sad part is both sides of our government are playing right into the tea parties hand. Giving them more opportunity, more hatred of our government by the populace. Regardless if the policies put forth are for our governments survival. As they surely do not represent the people in this country. The plan of top down, bottom up falls into the Tea Parties vision. It gives a opening of which cannot be sealed. I am sure those who are in the tea party are grateful for such a plan brought to you by the progressives of this country.

In the coming months as our government tightens down. Even to the point of martial law. It will only help the tea party rather than destroy it. Many on the far left and far right talked of revolution. It is coming! Just not the way either side had hoped for.

As for me. I will watch from the sidelines. As I do not really support any of the factions in government. On a side note, I do live in one of the two states which are Tea Party strongholds. I also look out for my family first. So regardless of who the top dog is in office I will do what it takes to help my family.

Now some questions!

Do you believe the Tea Party can be stopped?

What would be the cost?

With Obamacare, do you believe it can be fixed by Jan 1st?( I view Obamacare as the pinnacle point for driving the public to the Tea Party.)

What would you do if the Tea Party dominates our government after this next mid-elect?

First, how about a definition of "The Tea Party"?

I see them as people who don't want to be sheep anymore but are so woefully uninformed of the bigger pasture that they decided taking the wolves' money was a smart move. Now they're just a magnet for every fear-based argument their leaders can dream up to keep the sheep rabid while the wolves fleece the herd.

And the bizarre part is where the sheep praise the wolves for removing most of that cumbersome, itchy wool, except for that patch that covers their eyes.

I thought the Tea party had just tanked in the polls
Doesn't matter - it's just a name.

Repeat after me: There is no such Party as the Tea Party.

We are talking about standard issue Republican politicians, the current dominant faction of the Republican Party, the current heirs of the Confederacy, the latest incarnation of age-old American fascism. Lately they've been dressing up in three-corner hats and exhibiting confusion about the American Revolution, partly replacing the waving of the Stars and Bars and the denying of bad motives behind the Civil War, but they are the same political faction they've been since Jackson reneged on his promises of honest dealings with the Cherokee Nation.

They rename themselves every few years, because whatever name they've been speaking and acting under starts to be associated with what they've said and done. They may have a new name as soon as the next election cycle, or they may not - I'd look for Paul Ryan to be the weathervane there: what's he calling himself these days?

Doesn't matter - it's just a name.

Repeat after me: There is no such Party as the Tea Party.

We are talking about standard issue Republican politicians, the current dominant faction of the Republican Party, the current heirs of the Confederacy, the latest incarnation of age-old American fascism. Lately they've been dressing up in three-corner hats and exhibiting confusion about the American Revolution, partly replacing the waving of the Stars and Bars and the denying of bad motives behind the Civil War, but they are the same political faction they've been since Jackson reneged on his promises of honest dealings with the Cherokee Nation.

They rename themselves every few years, because whatever name they've been speaking and acting under starts to be associated with what they've said and done. They may have a new name as soon as the next election cycle, or they may not - I'd look for Paul Ryan to be the weathervane there: what's he calling himself these days?

Overtone. while I may agree with you on somethings. This is not one of them. While the Tea Party may have its origins with the Republican Party. It is a different beast now. In fact there are two ex-Democrats in our state who are running under the Tea Party ticket. One of them is against both Grimes(D) and Mitch Mc Connell®. His name is Mark Bevin. He is also gaining some serious traction!

If the Tea Party changes its name, that is great! The party will represent the majority of the populace. Both establishment republican and democrat antics wont work. Obamacare is the pinnacle that changes everything. The last straw!

Now as the last of the U.S world's dominance falls away(Petrol dollar, Saudia Arabia, Oman, Bahrain ect, the E.U). This party will be more than needed. As both parties in this country fail foreign and domestic and can now be replaced by a new party. Those still living on a original party dream is surely out of touch. And of course that is with both Republican and Democrat!

- - While the Tea Party may have its origins with the Republican Party. It is a different beast now. In fact there are two ex-Democrats in our state who are running under the Tea Party ticket.

There is no Tea Party ticket, in your State or any other I know of.

In my State it is also common for politicians to switch Parties, or join a different Party than the one they favored in their youth - in this case you seem to be talking about a couple of former Democrats now running as Republicans? One of them, anyway:

One of them is against both Grimes(D) and Mitch Mc Connell®. His name is Mark Bevin.

If you are talking about Matt Bevin: he's a hedge fund prettyboy, classic Ayn Rand moneybimbo (like Rand Paul, Paul Ryan, you know the type) who's running in the Republican primary against McConnell.

If he wins, he will be the endorsed Republican Party candidate for Senator, running mostly against the endorsed Democratic Party candidate.

If there were a Tea Party and it endorsed a candidate in Kentucky an endorsed Republican like Bevin would normally be running against them in the general election.

If the Tea Party changes its name, that is great!

It's a little harder to do that now, with all this video and stuff - it's harder to just shuck your past. Michelle Bachmann fawning all over W like he was her dream date come true is going to be on YouTube forever, along with the rest of the Randbrained juvenilia overlying vicious racism we've been suffering through from that crowd.

It might work in the primaries, but not everyone is as amnesiac as your typical Republican primary voter.

Edited by overtone

There is no Tea Party ticket, in your State or any other I know of.

In my State it is also common for politicians to switch Parties, or join a different Party than the one they favored in their youth - in this case you seem to be talking about a couple of former Democrats now running as Republicans? One of them, anyway:

If you are talking about Matt Bevin: he's a hedge fund prettyboy, classic Ayn Rand moneybimbo (like Rand Paul, Paul Ryan, you know the type) who's running in the Republican primary against McConnell.

If he wins, he will be the endorsed Republican Party candidate for Senator, running mostly against the endorsed Democratic Party candidate.

If there were a Tea Party and it endorsed a candidate in Kentucky an endorsed Republican like Bevin would normally be running against them in the general election.

It's a little harder to do that now, with all this video and stuff - it's harder to just shuck your past. Michelle Bachmann fawning all over W like he was her dream date come true is going to be on YouTube forever, along with the rest of the Randbrained juvenilia overlying vicious racism we've been suffering through from that crowd.

It might work in the primaries, but not everyone is as amnesiac as your typical Republican primary voter.

Gee, Overdose..

Talk about not knowing your politics!

First, this link is just for you. http://www.kentucky.com/2013/07/24/2729582/bevin-officially-launches-run.html

Numerous articles about Matt Bevin and the Tea Party endorsement.

Here is one that you should like. http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/07/23/1225890/-Mitch-McConnell-primary-challenger-Matt-Bevin-makes-it-official#

You should quit trying to appease the lefts media and rhetoric. Think for yourself! Tea Party is very active and strong in this state. And the mid elect cycle is barely started!

Edited by jduff

If the Tea Party changes its name, that is great! The party will represent the majority of the populace.

Absolutely wrong for at least two reasons.

First, the majority of people who claim allegiance to these Koch-heads don't know what their agenda really represents. They think the Kochs want to lower their taxes or give them liberty or actually represent their will, but that's not going to happen unless they're rich already. Anyone who is below the upper crust is going to be forced to bear more of the revenue burden, just like under W.

Second, look at the numbers. People as a whole may be dumb, but individuals, when polled, are telling us they realize the Teabags aren't representative of their will. Support for them is at a record low as the People see beneath the sheep's clothing to the wolf beneath. Strong opposition now exceeds strong support. "The populace" is realizing that TP promises are only good for wiping their asses.

Absolutely wrong for two reasons.
First, the majority of people who claim allegiance to these Koch-heads don't know what their agenda really represents. They think the Kochs want to lower their taxes or give them liberty or actually represent their will, but that's not going to happen unless they're rich already. Anyone who is below the upper crust is going to be forced to bear more of the revenue burden, just like under W.
Second, look at the numbers. People as a whole may be dumb, but individuals, when polled, are telling us they realize the Teabags aren't representative of their will. Support for them is at a record low as the People see beneath the sheep's clothing to the wolf beneath. Strong opposition now exceeds strong support. "The populace" is realizing that TP promises are only good for wiping their asses.

That was then, this is now Phi. As you know, as should anyone else. Polls change daily! That was also pre- Obamacare(September 26th).. Sorry man, not going to work. If the poll was taken today I promise it would be much different!

Ha! Nice try at moving the goal posts, man. That poll WASN'T taken today! It was taken last week, so there! cool.png

Quick point - I think the following question is a bit more appropriate the point(s) being made above by jduff: http://www.washingtonpost.com/page/2010-2019/WashingtonPost/2013/10/22/National-Politics/Polling/question_12182.xml?uuid=0VRwOjrOEeOw53FheaLCxw

Quick point - I think the following question is a bit more appropriate the point(s) being made above by jduff: http://www.washingtonpost.com/page/2010-2019/WashingtonPost/2013/10/22/National-Politics/Polling/question_12182.xml?uuid=0VRwOjrOEeOw53FheaLCxw

Still last week's poll, man! jduff will NEVER accept a premise based on such out-of-date intel.

Btw, I think jduff has coined the new phrase for middle-class TP supporters. If Ryan and Cruz get all Koched-up and somehow get their agenda pushed through, this could be our future:

A

SORRY MAN

Man-holding-NEED-WORK-sign-250x250.jpg

Who is

Not going to work

Talk about not knowing your politics!

First, this link is just for you. http://www.kentucky....unches-run.html

Numerous articles about Matt Bevin and the Tea Party endorsement.

Here is one that you should like. http://www.dailykos....es-it-official#

You just linked two articles that repeat exactly what I posted - that Bevin is running in the Republican primary, where if he wins he will receive the Republican Party endorsement.

He is not running in the Tea Party primary for the Tea Party endorsement, because there is no such Party. "Tea Party" is not the name of a Party. It is the name of a major faction of the Republican Party.

The Tea Party is not an actual Party for the same reason the Blue Dogs (a faction of the Democratic Party) are not actually dogs. It's just their name. It's not even named for a political Party, but for a celebration or riot kind of party - like a Birthday Party. Bachelorette Party.

There was a famous riot in Boston once, long ago, where regular citizens became so angry at the tax breaks their government was giving to rich people and a couple of big corporations that they set the rich people's houses on fire and threw the corporations's tax exempt product - tea - into the Atlantic Ocean. The rioters called it a "tea party" - clever name, rich people's (the kind who drank tea at little parties) tax exemptions dissolved in water. The Tea Party faction named itself after that riot, apparently without actually quite understanding what the riot was about. But they never formed a political Party - they were already Republicans, why would they?

So, you're arguing based on what you THINK the data MIGHT show instead of what ACTUAL data DOES show? Yep, that sounds consistent with the current Tea Party and extreme right-wing mindset.

I am neither rightwing nor leftwing. Here is something to think about. As a middle class citizen I have a choice. I will get ROMPED by a Elephant or a Donkey! But at least the DONKEY is courteous enough to smack my rump before it goes into action! In either case I would prefer to not be romped by either!

I am neither rightwing nor leftwing. Here is something to think about. As a middle class citizen I have a choice. I will get ROMPED by a Elephant or a Donkey! But at least the DONKEY is courteous enough to smack my rump before it goes into action! In either case I would prefer to not be romped by either!

Thanks for the little off-topic diatribe there, but you made a claim about feelings in the majority of our populace that was quickly debunked. Do you acknowledge that your claim about support for the tea party was wrong, or do you persist in your belief that the data is wrong and your gut feelings on the matter are more credible somehow?