The origin of the universe

The Believer

I want to know if the universe had a beginning or it always existed without a beginning? if the universe had a beginning then the question is what was the cause of that beginning? Was it the "BIG BANG" that caused the beginning of the universe? We all know according to the big bang theory, in the beginning all the matter and energy was compressed to an area of zero volume and infinite density. Cosmologists call that state SINGULARITY. Now the explosion of that singularity is not a big deal for me, what troubles me is that where from that singularity come from? where from all those matter and energy that was stored as a singularity come from? did the singularity pop out of "nothing" or did it come from "something else"? is it possible for something or the singularity come out of absolute nothing? isn't this a crazy idea to believe in?

but even if we refute the idea of something coming out nothing, we can not get rid of other bigger problems. shall we then say that something has to come from something? if that is the case then shall we say that there must be an "ultimate something". But then this idea of "ultimate something" also sounds crazy to me because it leads to the same old question, " where did that ultimate something come from"? so i think there is no solution to these problems. They are :

if science says the universe(all the matter and energy) came out of absolute nothing then it sounds crazy. how can the universe come out of absolute nothing without a pre existing thing?

if science says the universe came out of ultimate something then where from that ultimate something come from?

but if science says all the matter and energy of the universe always existed and is eternal then it sounds crazy too. How can something always exist without a begining or birth?

so what is the solution here? The universe out of nothing? The universe out of ultimate something? or the universe always existing and eternal?

so is there a way out of those problems? which idea is less crazy? what are your views and ideas?

Edited by The Believer

The universe is not only weirder than we imagine, it is weirder than we can imagine.

J.B.S.JHaldane

The singularity is generally considered to be evidence that the equations no longer work that close to the zero point.

the universe is indiferent to the incredulity of humans.

The singularity is generally considered to be evidence that the equations no longer work that close to the zero point.

thanks. but that doesn't answer my questions. I know that singularity is a state where the equations no longer work. But i am not talking about the failure of the equations at that point. what i am talking about is the origin of the existence of the matter and energy that constitutes the universe. whether there was a big bang or not, whether there was a state of singularity or not, one thing is certain that the universe is composed of matter and energy. so whatever is the cause of the creation of the universe, be it big bang or some other phenomenon, the question is where from the matter and energy that created the universe come from? out of nothing or out of something?

Edited by The Believer

Really nobody knows for sure, so you are free to believe whatever you want on this one.

My own thought is that a singularity wouldn't be a singularity anymore in an environment without space itself existing.

MU/0 => MU

Cyclic universe theory with an entropy reset going on in between.

Best fit in terms of observable phenomenon. There are plenty of other theories out there though. God, vacuum fluctuation, colliding branes, you name it.

what i am talking about is the origin of the existence of the matter and energy that constitutes the universe.

Unknown. Maybe it was always there.

whether there was a big bang or not

Apparently. And it is still continuing. (In my mind, "big bang" refers to the theory of the evolution of the universe from an earlier hot, dense state. Not some sort of "explosion" or creation event.)

whether there was a state of singularity or not

Personally, I doubt it. But who knows.

the question is where from the matter and energy that created the universe come from? out of nothing or out of something?

No one knows. You will find lots of hypotheses. Lost of speculation. Lots of pseudoscience. And a sprinkling of religion.

But the only scientific answer is: currently unknown.