Manipulating Time

AydanCS

Hi I am simply wondering if it is possible to manipulate time in anyway. Could we slow it down? If we were able to acomplish time travel would we really see our future selves? Say I went to the future 10 years to see my-self. I couldnt because I would have moved my present to the future making by last present my past and hence forth really just moving myself through time alone without actually having a futue self to meet. I would not he myself because I am no longer in my last present aka past. I would have to clone my self to do so, right? What do you think? What would really happen?

Hi I am simply wondering if it is possible to manipulate time in anyway.

General relativity, which is our best description of the classical nature of space and time, describes gravity as the local geometry of space-time. In particular paths that allow you to travel back in time maybe possible. But before that...

Could we slow it down?

Time is relative and in general observers will not agree on the duration between events. We have in special relativity the notion of time dilation. Loosley, moving clocks tick slower that stationary ones.

"UFO" is a time machine Ancient Egypt believed in when they figured out Anti-Gravity/Gravity,Time,etc...(Hence they worshipped Aliens),

in the time when they discovered how time/light bends/curves therefor opened portals that created them to go from one place to another a lot faster depending on how that light/time bends/curves...

Another time machine that is possible is how Assassin Creed did it in their game...

General relativity, which is our best description of the classical nature of space and time, describes gravity as the local geometry of space-time. In particular paths that allow you to travel back in time maybe possible. But before that...

Time is relative and in general observers will not agree on the duration between events. We have in special relativity the notion of time dilation. Loosley, moving clocks tick slower that stationary ones.

ya backward time travel is possible theoretically but is it possible to visualize the past incidence??? i mean if i make a backward time travel then is it possible to see as real the past incidence?? can i touch it or change it??/ or its like a travel through dream??? i have great confusion...

!

Moderator Note

ADreamIveDreamt

Please do not introduce wild speculation and video games as responses to questions in the main fora. Thanks.

Do not respond to this moderation within the thread - report it if you feel it is unjustified

ya backward time travel is possible theoretically but is it possible to visualize the past incidence???

Maybe, I can imagine that it could be possible to look back in time by recieving photons from the past via our time machine.

i mean if i make a backward time travel then is it possible to see as real the past incidence?? can i touch it or change it??/ or its like a travel through dream??? i have great confusion...

This we just don't know.

You should look up the grandfarther paradox.

Hi I am simply wondering if it is possible to manipulate time in anyway. Could we slow it down? If we were able to acomplish time travel would we really see our future selves? Say I went to the future 10 years to see my-self. I couldnt because I would have moved my present to the future making by last present my past and hence forth really just moving myself through time alone without actually having a futue self to meet. I would not he myself because I am no longer in my last present aka past. I would have to clone my self to do so, right? What do you think? What would really happen?

If we would travel to the past in the same Universe (in no multi Universe solution), there would be two identical copies of the all atoms.

Are you aware that you are made of the same atoms as were in dinosaurs and Cesar?

You don't need to meet literally your younger version. When you're young you were in part made of completely different atoms. When you're eating, drinking, breathing, living, you're absorbing/emitting H2O, O2, CO2, food, etc. from everywhere- so after time travel you can find your atoms in f.e. rain or on Sun (f.e. protons are emitted by Sun, and then joining with Oxygen in atmosphere forming water that you can drink and they are becoming part of your body in some cell).

If you and your old atoms would then go again to time travel machine, and travel to past again and again, there would be 3,4,5... etc. etc. copies of all same atoms, electrons... And Energy/Mass would start to go to infinity, the more objects/persons would travel to past. Violating the all known conservations, starting from Baryon number conservation.

After time travel to past, even taking breath would violate the all physics. CO2 from your future body could be in some star as Hydrogen atoms before it even fused to heavier atoms C and O in the past..

In multi Universe solution, object traveling in time would appear in completely new Universe, and this would mean that original Universe is losing energy-mass and new one is increasing energy-mass. It would look like violating Baryon number conservation in one Universe solution, matter would appear from nowhere, and in other place matter would disappear.

If you and your old atoms would then go again to time travel machine, and travel to past again and again, there would be 3,4,5... etc. etc. copies of all same atoms, electrons... And Energy/Mass would start to go to infinity, the more objects/persons would travel to past. Violating the all known conservations, starting from Baryon number conservation.

It's not completely sensible to imagine wildly speculative ideas (like describing time travel without even suggesting a mechanism or scientific principle of how it would be done), and then draw conclusions from them. You're basically assuming so much, that the conclusions are all assumption.

Conservation laws don't cover what you're describing. There's little point in saying "if time worked completely different from what we know, conservation must still work completely like what we know."

In quantum mechanics, the behavior of subatomic particles can include stuff that is backward in time. Some scientists, I forget who, imagined the idea that every electron in the universe, for example, is the same single electron, basically going forward and back (as a positron) through time effectively infinitely many times. It's a far-fetched speculative idea, but it is not inconsistent with conservation laws.

It's not completely sensible to imagine wildly speculative ideas (like describing time travel without even suggesting a mechanism or scientific principle of how it would be done), and then draw conclusions from them. You're basically assuming so much, that the conclusions are all assumption.

Conservation laws don't cover what you're describing. There's little point in saying "if time worked completely different from what we know, conservation must still work completely like what we know."

The whole thread is speculative, so any answer to this thread must be speculative.. Otherwise you can't basically write anything.

In quantum mechanics, the behavior of subatomic particles can include stuff that is backward in time. Some scientists, I forget who, imagined the idea that every electron in the universe, for example, is the same single electron, basically going forward and back (as a positron) through time effectively infinitely many times. It's a far-fetched speculative idea, but it is not inconsistent with conservation laws.

That was Richard Feynman who imagined positron to be electron going back in time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Retrocausality

See Antimatter paragraph.

Edited by Sensei

Maybe, I can imagine that it could be possible to look back in time by recieving photons from the past via our time machine.

This we just don't know.

....Grand father paradox...!!!! haha...!! nice... but sir is it possible to recieving photons from the past via time machine?? if we travel through wormhole then what is the chances that we can receive the photons or able to see past?? can u please elaborate little sir??

....Grand father paradox...!!!! haha...!! nice... but sir is it possible to recieving photons from the past via time machine?? if we travel through wormhole then what is the chances that we can receive the photons or able to see past?? can u please elaborate little sir??

If the wormhole is traversable then it should be possible to send photons through. The problem is that we need exotic matter to keep such wormholes open, though it maybe possible to use quantum effects to create traversable micro wormholes.

However, calculations using semiclassical gravity suggest that quantum effects will actually destroy a wormhole before it can be used to send information to the past.

• 4 months later...

This we just don't know.

"Time travel is impossible as exemplified by the famous grandfather paradox. Imagine you build a time machine. It is possible for you to travel back in time, meet your grandfather before he produces any children (i.e. your father/mother) and kill him. Thus, you would not have been born and the time machine would not have been built, a paradox."

Thats what I got when I searched it up...

How about if time works in different, multiversal streams?

multiverse_2-660x266.jpg