The big bang still happening?

to too open minded...a good question- why did the big bang occur?....I believe in an informationaly based reality where the big bang was the release of accumulated information from within the singularity. When the singularity created enough detailed information as to "code" the expression of the 3 dimensions, then all the previously created information sequestered inside the singularity (energy, matter, fields) were given a place to go by those dimensions allowing a physical expression of this information. As space was created through the liberation of information, so continued the bang, but in a diffuse pattern, everywhere, instead of concentrated within the singularity. Since the energy is diffuse now, no worries of another big bang exploding out of nothingness, but "nano-bangs" everywhere, appearing as the dark energy that is continuing the big bang, but at a reduced pace. Why the information was being developed in the singularity has to do with a pet theory of mine that describes the point of the singularity being spherical in geometry and that geometry has the diameter/circumference ratio delivering PI or 3.14159.....etc...regardless of the size of the sphere, or even if the sphere is "theoretical" or not...... A perfect generator of all the required information to construct a universe, given enough time to deliver a baroque set of algorithms of near infinite extent. The idea is more complex than that, but that is the outline of it...I have described this before in more detail if you are interested in hearing of it, I'd be happy to, I am sure someone will explain to me in terms I can understand that it is not possible, and my favorite "theory of everything" will have to be abandoned. Until then, this is my own small attempt to answer the "why anything" question. How can something come from nothing? It seems that "information describing something" is a good starting point. Now, how that is done, if at all, is an interesting question. If anyone has an idea how this could occur in some other way, it would be fun to hear it...edd

• 1 month later...

So I'm wondering do we have more reason to believe that the big bang is happening in the sense that were cooling down from the singularity or that were projected from a singularity with energy still being emitted?

Yes I think the Big Bang is still happening, the mistake most people make is to equate the Big Bang to some enormous explosion, but this is not what really happened, the universe emerged out of the primordial singularity and this emergence can still be observed, as the continuing expansion of the universe.

Is there only one universe?

No one knows but the Super- string theoretical physics postulate around the real possibly of there being multiple universe,in a sort of mega universe, some even suggest that there might be an infinite number of them.

Edited by Alan McDougall