Is propensity for the use of prurient literature linked to dopamine levels?

• 1 month later...

We all know that dopamine and base instinct are linked as it provides a reward mechanism and is a feel good chemical.

Is the use of prurient literature linked to need to balance dopamine levels in the brain?

(or serotonin)?

May be it could provide new ways to treat this obsession?

Why are you labouring under the delusion that it is an obsession, and that it needs "treating"?

Should this be in the "religion" section of the forum?

On second thoughts, maybe i didn't choose my words carefully.

I was trying to assert that prurient images stimulate dopamine centers of the brain and create a negative feedback loop that makes the matter worse. I am not trying to stress on the moral implications of this. This comes in the domain of religion as you rightly stated.

What i am trying to say is that this is a "neurotransmitter illness" (much like smoking pot) and should be identified as such.

Is smoking pot good for us? That is a moot subject and tomes have been written on the subject. i am no authority on the subject but i suggest you please peruse the links i have submitted above for research into the subject.

"I was trying to assert that prurient images stimulate dopamine centers of the brain and create a negative feedback loop that makes the matter worse"

Why say "worse" if you? are " not trying to stress on the moral implications of this".

"What i am trying to say is that this is a "neurotransmitter illness""

What illness?

Your prejudices seem to be getting in the way here.