Gravitational waves in space time continuum

As the more massive planets and stars move around their chosen orbits they disturb the space time matrix significantly producing waves or disturbances. How is it that the gravitational attractive force between planets always prevents these waves or disturbances from throwing an orbiting object out of its chosen trajectory (it seems obvious that the larger the masses in question the more likely it is that they produce some effect (albeit transient) in the space time fabric.)

Further applying chaos theory it may even be theoretically possible that due to superluminal communication these ripples are felt at the very edges of the universe. (i guess you could superimpose two theories - namely that one butterfly fluttering its wings in zimbabwe could cause tsunamis in tahiti which means there is a subtle event chain linking all matter in the universe and thereby all energy and quantum entanglement which carries forward this effect across all distances limited only by the imagination.)

Could anyone provide some enlightenment on this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Don't get all hung up about the gravitational waves. Older theories on gravity can explain the gravitational forces. Even Newton's equations on gravity are still used to put a satellite in orbit. So when you ask about large objects throwing smaller objects out of orbit, yes, even Newton and Kepler knew how this could happen.

You talk about these gravitational waves having an effect far from the source of that gravity. Yes this happens. As a matter of fact Einstein showed, in his General Theory of Relativity, that inertia is actually another form of gravity. Let me explain. If I am standing still there are billions of stars in front of me. Almost all of them are so far away that each on of them has an infinitesimal affect on my. But since there are billions of them they add up to a strong gravitational force in front of me. But they don't pull me forward because there is just as many stars behind me pulling me backwards. These gravitational forces keep me in my place unless I apply a force to move. Once I start moving I am passing by some matter in the universe but as long as I am going a constant speed there are just as many stars in front of me as behind. For that reason their gravitational force keep me moving the same speed. I just explained inertia as if it was gravity.

That's Einstein. Inertia IS gravity.

So what I am saying is I think gravitational waves are confusing your understanding of gravity.

Edited by BusaDave9